CD65 II SE restore upgrade options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm the process of repairing and looking a possible upgrades for the mentioned CD player. Just simple options. After opening it up it became apparent that its Going to need Power supply caps; so it may as well have the lot.
The TDA1541A has three power supplies (+5v,-5v and -15v) each has are 47µF 25v nichicon smoothing capacitors connected to ground. i assume it's worth upping the capacitance and this won't have any adverse affects (like burn it out) if so what is a good capacitor to use here guess something like a Panasonic FC or rubicon ZLH.
The OP amps are JRC8021 (probably should replace but for now there staying) and have 220uf 25v elna cerafine smoothing capacitors on the +/-15v power supply again i assume that upping the capacitance is a good option and what is a good cap to use here.
Power supply caps after the diode bridge and before the voltage regulators are are all elna cerafine again these are fairly small so I will be upping the capacitance and voltage on these, In this place I'll be using panasonic FC/FM/FR where I can.
after the voltage regulators they are all 220µF 25v elna cerafine smoothing capacitors supplying both digital and analogue circuits I understand that capacitors in this position are sensitive so what are my options here.
The last part is the out put from the OP amps to the RCA there are two elna cerafine 220µf 6.3v capacitors negative to negative. I guess this is to replicate a non polar capacitor. In this place would it be better to fit a Proper BP capacitor of equivalent value (110µf) and by bypass it with something smaller like a Poly prop film cap or can I go up the capacitance.
the rest of the electrolytics seem to be v supply smoothing on the chips except for 2557 on the radial motor drive that is 0.68µf bp
I've attached the circuit diagram for the CD65 II the only differences are in the ps capacitors, the regulator capacitors, op amp supply capacitors and op amp out put capacitors.

Thanks
Tom

Attachments

• Marantz-CD65II cd.pdf
    223.6 KB · Views: 75
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.