Philips CD350 TDA1540 muting caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

New to the forum, looking for info on how I can 'snip' the muting caps. I presume the PCB used in the CD 350 is the same/similar?? to CD 104, CD150 etc. I really need a pic of the actual PCBA position as I cant read schematics (although I know someone who can if that helps:)).

Ive already snipped them on my Nakamichi CDP-2 (TDA1541), as per the excellent Lampizator pictures on his web site, easy one. Made a positive improvement,

Thanks

No nothing yet, I also have a PS Audio CD-1 which is based on the Philips CD-350, might take the lid off and see if they snipped the muting caps. The PS Audio CD-1 sounds nice, but just doesnt have the get up and go of the standard Philips machine, in comparison it has bigger bass maybe, but a bit over smooth.Think the PS Audio will be up for sale soon.

ok, but let me know if you found the answer. I have both 150 and 350, just turned the saa700 to 14-bit and nos:ed the saa7030 ala lampizator, also thinking of upgrade kond to silver mica and upgrade the clock, maybe the tubeclock on ebay, i like tubes, but there maybe be better ones?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.