Oppo's BDP105 - discussions, upgrading, mods...

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hallo Staudio
It is possible, but using two pairs the power it will increase, as the signal at the transformers outputs. I think maybe another type Lundahl should be used. Well, I haven`t yet experimented on this configuration, and I cannot know more details. However, as principle, it is possible a such setup.

Hallo Staudio
It is possible, but using two pairs the power it will increase, as the signal at the transformers outputs. I think maybe another type Lundahl should be used. Well, I haven`t yet experimented on this configuration, and I cannot know more details. However, as principle, it is possible a such setup.

And what configuration do you use?
Something like this?
What is R3/R4 in your version?

Suppler-V-I-LL1684-for-DAC.jpg

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
The damage it should not be very extended. It is important if the +25v it was grounded to the player, or not. If the zero volt of that 25v line it was not connected to the player ground, then nothing should happen. If yes, then the AC coupling caps should tolerate that voltage, and stopped it there. It depend also if the device it was on or off when that happened. If it was off, then the low ohm resistor which the mute relay it connect to the ground, may have burned out. If the device was on, then the 25v applied on RCA it should not go further through the AC coupling cap. I suggest you start up the player and see how that channel it work (or not). I presume you was lucky this time...

Hallo Staudio

And is it possible to switch off muting relays and headphones output in OPPO 105 and use all 4 differential outputs in parallel for each channel?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
The headphone outputs it can of course be dismissed. This it is beneficial, as it less load the main regulators - less heat generated. Unfortunately it is not possible using the freed DAC channels for an 4+4 configuration. The DAC output channels routed for headphone, it are muted by software in opposition to the RCA/XLR ones. Nothing to be done here...
Even in Sonica DAC, Oppo designers have grounded two pairs of DAC outputs, using only the rest of another two pairs, one for RCA and another for XLR out (no any headphone outputs in Sonica). Stupid design, wasting the Sabre DAC high capabilities...

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Do you mean that you can connect Sabre chip outputs in 4+4 configuration in Oppo players, by making active the headphone channels with an 6,5 mm jack?
As I know so far, when connecting the headphone jack, the rest of the DAC chip output channels, going to XLR/RCA out are muted, and the opposite. The DAC chip is programmed by firmware to do so, and not all 4 pairs of channels it can be active simultaneous. This functionality it make sens in Oppo designers vision, and it was not modified yet (as I know). Therefore the Oppo players it not allow the DAC chip for a such hardware 4+4 stereo configuration. The headphone section it have allocated two pairs of the DAC chip channels, tied together.

Good day,

My Oppo 105D suffered a electrical surge coming the HDMI port and HDMI ARC function stop working.

The surge came from the coax TV cable, it burned the TV Decoder, all HDMI ports in my TV and end up messing up my Oppo HDMI ARC function and who knows what else.

Seems my Oppo is working fine, I can play video from the Oppo to my TV and I get image and sound on the TV, but not ARC as I used to. I got a new, same model TV, LG 55C9 which worked fine with Oppo in ARC mode before the electrical surge. As matter of fact I tried 2 TVs and ARC would not work. Also I took one TV to friends house and his Oppo 105D, just like mine, connected with ARC with no problems. So definitely the ARC on my Oppo was demaged.

I have a friend who is an Electronic Engineer and he has access to a Lab that can replace any electronic component on the Oppos Digital board but he asked me to find the Oppo 105D Schematics.

I wrote to Oppo but they said I would need to replace the whole board that costs U$ 250,00 and that they could not supply the schematics.

Can any one help me with any ideas how to fix this digital board?
Does any one has the Electronic Schematics for the Oppo 105D?

Martin

Martin

You should remove the processor heatsink...

Thank you Coris, you know these babies by heart... ))

I plan to install dual clock module, and my 105 is 98% for music playback, so instead of Marvell's clock update I want to update the BD-Drive resonator.
Do you know if they are the same frq?

Unfortunately, I did not see any BD-Drive clock update report here. Any tips and hints will be appreciated.

BTW, after study a mainboard picture (this one is 105D, but should be same to 105 layout around SoC), I could not find other clock than main system clock.

Attachments

• clocks105D.jpg
    clocks105D.jpg
    892.2 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
There is no any clock for BD-drive in 105 (like in 203/205), as all data coming from drive it are processed by main processor. So the only clocks for 105 (digital board) are 20Mhz for Marvell chip and 27Mhz for main processor (12Mhz is for USB chip).

Ooopsss..., I was not a carefuller forum reader, then..
I wish to come to the 205 one day, hope you will keep storing your parts for upgrade....