iPod Docking Station Adapter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I am looking for a simple adapter to play my son's iPod through my system. Can someone suggest a low cost adapter...all I want to do it hook up the output to the aux input on my preamp. All I see on the market are complex units, with speakers, etc, that cost more than the iPad itself.

There has to be a simple way to do this. I suppose that I could always make a headphone jack to RCA cable, but I would like to use the iPod connector to make it easier to use.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
You need either "iPod dock" and minijack-to-RCA cable. Or "iPod LOD", which stands for line out dock, and usually it's cable with iPod connector at one end and RCA or minijack at other. I believe think that googling these phrases gives you plenty choices.

Ensure with seller that it fits your particular iPod or i-device model (there are some changes between old and new).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.