DUAL AD797BRZ opamp swap ,really need advise from the big brains

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi to everyone my name is glen and I am in the process of upgrading caps and op-amps in a marantz cc4000ose (haha yes a 5 disk). yes the purists may scoff but supposedly the bitstream dac is the same as 63mkII or ose.

well I don`t have an electronics background but am a quick learner ha mostly from this forum and I have the service manual with schematic

anyway a carpenter with a soldering iron could be scary so I choose to ask pros rather that cook my cdp or myself

this is what I am planning

starting at power line in 10awg cryo romex (thanks VH AUDIO) to occ plugs and yarbo 7000 check them out nice stuff good price (thanks to A&B SYSTEMS ebay)

power supply board change all caps to silmic 2 and change out diodes to schottky and the regulator to discrete (saw one at partsconnection 20 bucks I think)

anyone know if 100v diodes will work or know part that is through hole 200v 1a (original rating of 1N4003G)
also BZV85-C7V5 and BZX79-B3V9
can I just match the rating in a schottky fast recovery?

also the regulator MC79L24ACP data sheet says 24v 100ma and discrete that I saw was max 15 volt. anyone know of a cheap discrete regulator that would work?

I have so far left the servo board alone (other than removing to replace optical pickup and drive)
any thing I should do to servo board?

headphone board will be unplugged

dac board will get new caps and ad797brz on browndogs single to double and most of my questions involve capacitors

power supply is ok to go a little bigger but caps in the signal should be same value

is this right?

film won`t fit, cerafine is in there and have heard NOT to change those (inbetween dac and opamp)

they do have lower ripple spec but have heard silmicII is nicer sound

caps at opamp output are black elna ce-bp 6.3v 47uf ????

also heard to remove muting transistors which are solder side of board and change chip resistor on output to 200ohm from 1k

that's about it any help is always appreciated
Glen
marantz cc4000ose
acurus rll (new and the start of upgrading cd)
acurus a150
yamaha rxv1000(suround only and temp phono)
dynaudio 72 3 way tower
ac cables yarbo 7000 source and pre
yarbo 8000 amp
ixos top end interconnect (no longer made)
ixos 9awg geometry speaker cable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.