Delta 70.2 cd player help needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It would likely be more valuable to tap on & flex pcb's & generally "diagnostically beat up" the unit when it's in a working mood, to see if anything provokes failure.
After your symptom clarification, though, I think it may be in the servo proc after all. I would try increasing the value of the C17 reset pulse cap, and/or increasing the value of R8 to extend the pulse length. It may be that the reset pulse size/length is on the borderline for some reason, or that the presumably new C17 cap you installed is defective. I would never use Panasonic/Matsushita lytics on a unit that I want to last a very long time. Nichicon & Nippon Chemicon are the only lytic cap brands I ever use. Would not surprise me at all to find a defective-from-new Panasonic.
Oh, and also do recheck the regulated supply lines, especially the 5V for this proc, for AC voltage. A bad or simply inadequate FC cap on that 5V line could be allowing too much ac hum through, which could also cause this symptom, I'd say.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.