Marantz CD-50 and CD-60, TDA1541, CDM4/19

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cool, I suspect it was easier fitting those wima's the second time too ;)

The 5v reg doesn't need to be exact. It's the noise on the psu thats important rather than the actiual voltage. Some of my regs run as low as 4.85v. This happens when you use fixed value components due to tolerances. That reg that Tubee linked to on PFM would be worth building as a starter. Only thing I would do is leave out the 10r on the supply.

Make sure you get the polarity right on that big cap! I normally use different coloured wires like red and black in order to avoid confusion. :)

Yes, I'll make sure to get the polarity right :) I always use multimeter to make sure. These were the only leads small enough I had on hand, didn't want to use 99,99% pure silverwire in PTFE tubing(would have to be several strands in this application) that I normally use for signal wiring.

On the regulator schematic I PM'd you, where would I fit a 5K multiturn pot?

Wasn't that hard to fit the wimas, I've handsoldered 0805 SMD's in the past.
It was a bit tricky to remove the SMD's though as they were glued to the pcb :)

On the regulator schematic I PM'd you, where would I fit a 5K multiturn pot?

UV101 said:
Look in the previous post by Tubee!!! Its a link to a schematic for a reasonable reg using LM317. The LED's are used to set the ADJ voltage and the result is much lower noise than the usual std 317 reg config.

I'd build the ones with the LED's!! The pot would be to adjust the output voltage, but the LED's are doing the job here. Make sure you heatsink the output device if its for the 7220 chip ;)

I'll answer the PM seperately ;)

Finding 470uF Rubycon ZLH or 470uF Rubycon ZLG is proving to be a major headache here in Sweden :mad:

What are these? Oscon sepc? Googled it without getting much wiser :eek:

I've offered previously to get components for you at cost + p&p if you are having issues. 10 x 470uF ZLG cost less than £5 as does 10 x 330uF 6.3v NS AL Solidpolymer by Nichicon

The reason I have suggested these types is primarily because they are suited to this application but secondly they cost a fraction of the boutique parts that may or mat not be better dependant on application.

TPR, is that tracking preregulator?

Yes, its a bit more complicated but also very good.

Just got home.
Got this today:

TSUP(?), looks like TSU:
22000uF_25V.jpg

Belt and wheel for cd-tray:
cog_BELT.jpg

It'll take a good few hours to settle, but hows it sounding?

after just 20min or so at low volume(but my dipoles sounds good then too), the fiance is sleeping, I'm impressed!

You were right about removing the smd's under the wima's too.

I'd say it sound less rugged, softer without losing detail. Relaxed, dynamic, more details, instruments doesn't sound as "electronic", less grunge in lack of a better word :D

EDIT: It's actually like cleaning a dirty window to use a borrowed expression.

amazing improvements at a very low cost, and it's not yet settled as you point out :)

Last edited:
Got some veroboards for regulators(and other stuff I might want to build) and 8pcs goldplated DIP8 sockets(for swapping opamps) today :)

In you guys opinion, is OPA2134 better then NE5532(original opamp) or should I wait and order LM4562's? Just wondering if the LM4562 is that much better then the OPA2134 I've got at home already?
I've just put a LM4562 in my Lehmann BCL clone, and this is my first experience with this opamp.
It's not nearly settled yet, so I can't say how it compares to the stock NE5532.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

As for regulator to the SAA7220, I'm thinking of going with the tracking preregulator, that's got to be an improvement to stock and seems easy enough to asseble on veroboard.

If I use a regulated ps that gives 15Vdc(from a 2x120Vac ,with primaries in series, 2x15Vac 10VA PCB transformer)
Use this schematic with an ELNA Cerafine 22uF for C2, didn't use C1, regulator fed from 2200uF Nichicon MUSE (get 25Vdc unloaded across this cap?!?)
Rectifying done by 1N4007, one rectifier per secondary so I can feed two regulator boards from this regulated PSU.
If this is a crappy idea, let me know and I'll go a different route.
Standard_reg_LM350.jpg

For SAA7220 I was thinking this fed by the above PS.
TPR_reg1.jpg

I've also got 3 other transformers:
12-0-12Vac/1500mA
12-0-12Vac/500mA
6-0-6Vac/? mA, but it's a bit heavier then the 12Vac transformers.

Again, sorry if I'm asking for the ? time on any of this, or if I'm assault posting.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.