PURE DAB Tuner DRX-701ES display brightness

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
This one you mean,
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/96192-post-your-solid-state-pics-here-15.html#post1417430

Can't really say it seems dull at all tbh. It's not dazzling but I wouldn't want it to be.

It's well balanced and I use the mid setting. Have you cleaned the rear of the window and the display itself ? The brightness of the display is a "visual" match for the blue LED's at all settings if that makes any sense. Nobodys fitted incorrect bulbs at any time...

These are a great tuner by the way. Worth checking the later firmware is installed as it irons a few bugs out such as reversed L and R on SPDIF amongst other things,

DRX-70x series tuners - Downloads - PURE HelpCentre Helpdesk

Edit... you say there is not much difference between them. Do all the blue LED's alter in brightness correctly as you step through the dimmer values. They should...

Last edited:
I'm now fairly sure it is dimmer than it should be there is a VERY slight difference in brightness as the button is pressed. I've had a look inside and there is no obviously simple thing like a poor connection... anyone know what the voltage to the panel should be?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.