Static or digital sound by using DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"Two resitors" - that's your problem.
The coax SPDIF is a 75 ohm input. In order to build a passive divider you need to end up with the same impedance at the source - so your divider should be 75 ohms to ground.
That would overload any CDROM digital output, since those are made to work with 1 kohm loads.
If you do a divider with unmatched impedance (1 kohm), you will have "reflections" of the signal on the connecting cable (especially if it is short) and you end up with noise.

Last edited:
You'll find most DAC inputs are 5v tolerant - you should be able to connect your TTL input directly to it.

SPDIF is a bitstream protocol, and can be passed over any medium. TTL is just 0-5v square wave. "Coaxial" is 75 ohm transformer coupled, 0.5v peak-peak. AES/EBU is a balanced 100 ohm signal. TOSLINK is an optical transmission system.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Yes it woks also if i connect the digital output to the dac but the sound is totally better
when converting it but then i hear an static sound

I have now

---100 NF ---00000--|----------- digital

....................T1.... 75 ohm

-------------00000 --|----------- GND

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.