TDA1543 dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have seen a simple design using this chip in a few places on the forum and it looks interesting. I do have a question if anyone can help. I understand it needs i2s input. If i have an old cd player with 11.2mhz clock and 7310/7220 chipset, can i use this as the i2s source or is it at the wrong clock frequency?

Rotellian said:
I have seen a simple design using this chip in a few places on the forum and it looks interesting. I do have a question if anyone can help. I understand it needs i2s input. If i have an old cd player with 11.2mhz clock and 7310/7220 chipset, can i use this as the i2s source or is it at the wrong clock frequency?

Hi Rotellian,
Yes you can use the SAA 7310 as a source for the I2S signals if you want to construct a NON-OS DAC.
See Marco's site:
http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/hi_fi/q7310.htm
You need pin 2, 3 & 4 on the SMD package. Hope this helps.
:cool:

Konnichiwa,

Rotellian said:

If your player has the 7310 & 7220 it is almost invariably bound to have also a TDA1541. The TDA1541 is a much superior performance and soundquality chip to the 1543. So I would not recommend to "downgrade" the Player....

Sayonara

Its a 7323 philips bitstream actually (nice midrange - terrible bass). But i do have another one with 7210/7220 that is in need of a new cdm4/19 (which i might just have found in another old player - not that I collect old cd players you understand!) that does have 1541 (have converted to non-oversampling upgraded op-amps and few bits - is quite nice, but still not right) The quest continues.....

topic collecting CD players:

what can you tell me about these:

Attachments

• i-1.jpg
    i-1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 528
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.