HDMI to analog, or multiple analog channel mixer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I was not sure where to post this, so admin feel free to move this thread.

Basicly, I'm looking to mix both the surround audio signals from my xbox and PC into one, so i can hear both in my 5.1 headset but I've had a hard time trying to find something to do this. I do have a Astro Mixamp however thats only Virtual surrond from the xbox with the pc stereo sound in the "MP3" port and thus only using 2 drivers.

So, I was wondering if an 2 of these ideas I've come up with was possible.

Idea 1:

2-In-1 HDMI Multi-Channel LPCM MPCM Surround Sound Audio Decoder

Could I take something like that and mod it so audio from both HDMI channels can be heard? I can get the surround audio via HDMI on both pc and xbox & I would only need the HDMI out for my PC visualy, I prefer the quality I'm getting with my Xbox connected via VGA anyway.

Idea 2:

Failing that, I can get a decoder box for the Xbox so I have analog out's and i can get a nice 7.1 sound card for my PC, however, would it be possible to make a mixer with stereo 3.5mm ins on each channel with 4 stereo 3.5mm outs? (1 stereo channel for each surround pair, fronts, center/LFE, sides & rears, and also the extra surround channel incase i upgrade from a true 5.1 headset to the Razer Tiamat true 7.1 coming out Q4 this year)

I appreciate the help!
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.