Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

YBA CD3 with Sanyo SF-P1 lens tracking problem : Please help.
YBA CD3 with Sanyo SF-P1 lens tracking problem : Please help.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th August 2019, 05:16 AM   #21
georgehifi is offline georgehifi  Australia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to georgehifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathon View Post
At that price I would, but I need the 12 pin version (2 x 6 pins). Can't seem to find it on their site and anywhere else I search it is quite pricey. Sigh...
They say it's a Sanyo SF-P1 and that it's a "blue laser" which I believe is a dvd laser.
If you search this page for SF-P1, there's quite a few that used them, you may find a used cheap player on ebay that used it.

CD-Player-DAC-Transport List

Cheers George
Old 13th August 2019, 08:42 AM   #22
bergui45 is offline bergui45  France
diyAudio Member

Hello,
I have fixed an issue on a Roksan Caspian M1 CD player while replacing the Zener Diode D116 that has overheated! you must let the legs with long legs used as heat dissipators.
Old 13th August 2019, 07:46 PM   #23
leviathon is offline leviathon  Canada
diyAudio Member

Thanks George!

The lens was used in older CEC, Krell, YBA, Classe, Audio Alchemy and so on models. I did look at the list before but because you supplied a link, I took another look. I don't know why I missed this before, but looks like in all cases there might be 2 interchangeable lenses. SF-P1 / SF90. I have come across a lot of the SF90's at much more reasonable pricing. If they are compatible, I'm good to go! Posting that link really helped!

Hi Bergui45. That diode at D116 is missing completely on my circuit board. Only a burnt spot in its place. Not sure what the previous owner had done, but everything had been working fine for about 10 years since my purchase. Though the display has pretty much disappeared. I think the diode has something to do with the display. I'll have to poke around see what workaround was done in removing the diode. It may have been moved elsewhere on the board.

Latest update is that the player has been working intermittently. So I am going to re-heat all the solder joints and if that fails now at least can look at a more reasonably priced SF-90 lens.

Thanks Everyone!

Last edited by leviathon; 13th August 2019 at 07:48 PM.

YBA CD3 with Sanyo SF-P1 lens tracking problem : Please help.Hide this!Advertise here!