Cd player Telefunken CD 500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi herpsq13, I did repaired successfully the brother Telefunken CD300 last year. If the main board is similar then the chip L272M may be damaged, its a 8pin power opamp driving the servo, so don't give up, I know it's hard without schematic. It's a nice sounding 2 fold oversampling multibit player, close to NOS tda1541 :), the owner loved it

telefunken 500 cd

hi all
new to your site.
40 years electronics experience from xtal sets in the 70's to the latest equipment having spent the last 10 years anslysing, upgrading, etc on all chinese equipment from the bottom to the top.
electronics is my life.
on your post about the 500, one came into me for repair.
optic not reading.
wd40'd the motors, which is a common fault on all cd dvd systems as they get dirty and the 4 channel servo gets a touch confused spinning away until release velocity occurs. that when you swing the unit by the mains lead and cant hold on!:p
usually give them a spin at about 3-6vdc to clean the brushes, which they had used brush less pulsed.
still no reading.
pot damaged by someone on the cable, going to replace and set.
if that does not work then i am going to d-a/ audio line, cut it and put a set of rca's on the back panel and join dvd/cd/whatever.
low power unit so i will pop a write off 2 x 40watt class ab pcb with psu.
anyone have any ideas which is audio dac on the pcb.
save me checking all on datasheet archive, my favorite.
looking forward to having some fun with all.
colin44ct357@hotmail.com, Cape Town SA.

telefunken 500 cd

hi all
new to your site.
40 years electronics experience from xtal sets in the 70's to the latest equipment having spent the last 10 years anslysing, upgrading, etc on all chinese equipment from the bottom to the top.
electronics is my life.
on your post about the 500, one came into me for repair.
optic not reading.
wd40'd the motors, which is a common fault on all cd dvd systems as they get dirty and the 4 channel servo gets a touch confused spinning away until release velocity occurs. that when you swing the unit by the mains lead and cant hold on!:p
usually give them a spin at about 3-6vdc to clean the brushes, which they had used brush less pulsed.
still no reading.
pot damaged by someone on the cable, going to replace and set.
if that does not work then i am going to d-a/ audio line, cut it and put a set of rca's on the back panel and join dvd/cd/whatever.
low power unit so i will pop a write off 2 x 40watt class ab pcb with psu.
anyone have any ideas which is audio dac on the pcb.
save me checking all on datasheet archive, my favorite.
looking forward to having some fun with all.
colin44ct357@hotmail.com, Cape Town SA.

And here we go.
the dac is the Tda 1311a.
Lift the one side of the caps connected to pin 6 and 8 of the 1311 DAC.
the caps are marked CR02 and CL02. Left and Right.
Hook up an rca connector to the back panel, obviously grounding the earth to the decoder and connect the internal rca lead to the cap legs you have lifted. + sides of caps.
the negative sides go out of main connector BC01.
no you have rca in on the back panel for a cd/dvd...input.
about to doctor it now.
will let you know how it goes.

i hope all the audio does not go through the servo as the line in will only play.
this may be the case as the suystem does not do anything with BC01 disconnectee.
if so then i must find the cmos stereo switch on the pcb for tape/radio/cd in and do the mod on that chip.
one way or another this "Thing" is going to work.

will let you know if

nope, the controller must have an input switch or such.
will have to did a bit deeper or make another plan.
without schematics its trial and error.
however i cleaned the motors last night, might as well put a new pot on the ribbon cable and maybe im in luck.
otherwise its back to the servo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.