74HC logic or No logic feedingthe Interface Receiver.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Since Ive been dealing with NOS DACs Ive seen lot of people telling that the glue logic before the Receiver is useless..just feed the receiver with SPDIF and others ferociously arguing that its necessary.
Im just a learning noob with a std. gear. to hear the difference.
What do you think guys?

Thanks!:D

Since Ive been dealing with NOS DACs Ive seen lot of people telling that the glue logic before the Receiver is useless..just feed the receiver with SPDIF and others ferociously arguing that its necessary.
Im just a learning noob with a std. gear. to hear the difference.
What do you think guys?

Thanks!:D

The spdif signal is not a ttl one so I can't see why or how adding logic gates between the input and the chip would work.

Do you perhaps mean that its the output that have the hc02 usually to separate the data into left and right streams for dacs that don't have I2S inputs eg AD1865?

Hi batteryman.
I meant, feeding the receiver chip (DIR9001, CS8414) with the spdif signals.
Why some use logic glue before the receiver, and some connect the spdif directly to the receiver chip.

The spdif signal is not a ttl one so I can't see why or how adding logic gates between the input and the chip would work.

Do you perhaps mean that its the output that have the hc02 usually to separate the data into left and right streams for dacs that don't have I2S inputs eg AD1865?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.