Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Upgrading & modding new Oppos, BDP-93 & BDP-95
Upgrading & modding new Oppos, BDP-93 & BDP-95 Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st September 2018, 12:12 AM   #491
Joe Rasmussen is offline Joe Rasmussen  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsmorebetter View Post
I am having a problem finding the two caps that I need to remove in order to install the clock.
There are no caps to remove, remove existing oscillator and identify which of the four pins are the output of thr oscillator and that becomes your input.

See where it says "X1" near the corner of the oscillator, it is printed on the PCB. That corner should be it. See "Red" below. The "Green" is your Ground.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Osc.jpg (271.9 KB, 137 views)
Old 1st September 2018, 12:23 AM   #492
lotsmorebetter is offline lotsmorebetter
diyAudio Member

Thank your of your suggestion. Have you worked on this machine before? Is it that this design doesn't have the caps to remove?
Please excuse my skepticism. It is curious to me that the manufacturer of the replacement clock would put a diagram on his site-- as a part of the instructions how to install his clock-- that the two caps coming out of the original clock have to be removed. Please advise.
Thanks.
Old 1st September 2018, 12:37 AM   #493
Joe Rasmussen is offline Joe Rasmussen  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsmorebetter View Post
Thank your of your suggestion. Have you worked on this machine before? Is it that this design doesn't have the caps to remove?
Please excuse my skepticism. It is curious to me that the manufacturer of the replacement clock would put a diagram on his site-- as a part of the instructions how to install his clock-- that the two caps coming out of the original clock have to be removed. Please advise.
Thanks.
They should have included two sets of instructions, you have only been given one, replacing a resonator with a clock, not replacing an oscillator, which is what you have got.

There are no caps to remove in your case. What you are removing is a powered oscillator (it should be 3.3V) and not a crystal, which is basically as resonator that needs those caps. The new clock is also a powered oscillator (it should also have its own 3.3V). So in a sense you are replacing like for like. Probably done a thousand of clocks by now. If Coris is around (he is likely sleeping now), he will tell you the same thing.
Old 2nd September 2018, 08:00 AM   #494
diyAudio Member

Thanks again for the clarification. In terms of the power supply for the new clock, it says that it needs 12v going in but the clock runs on 3v. Does that mean that I have to find a 12v source for it in the player and then before it gets to the clock, it steps it down to run the clock 3v? Or do I find 3v in the player and use that directly? I have attached the instructions from the manufacturer's site. Thanks for you help so far.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 2.58.11 AM.png (132.5 KB, 119 views)
Old 2nd September 2018, 08:32 AM   #495
diyAudio Member

p.s. I am going to assume that it is 12vdc. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 2nd September 2018, 08:50 AM   #496
diyAudio Member

Never mind. I figured out. It works. Thanks for your help.
Old 17th May 2019, 07:02 PM   #497
Iror is offline Iror
diyAudio Member

Please advise.
I have an Oppo 103 Audiocom Signature. I have a desire to add performance.
Where can I buy OCXO TCXO clock module for CPU and HDMI?
Old 10th September 2019, 01:12 AM   #498
ferjablito is offline ferjablito  Spain
diyAudio Member

Hello everyone, I had a problem with the oppo 95 pcb, could someone tell me where to buy a replacement pcb thank you?
Old 13th September 2019, 09:30 AM   #499
Coris is offline Coris  Norway
diyAudio Member

I think it is very difficult or possible finding a PCB replacement, unless one might buy (find) a whole 95 player (if available). Could you elaborate what about your problem?
Old 16th September 2019, 07:27 AM   #500
Coris is offline Coris  Norway
diyAudio Member

Correction to above post: "I think it is very difficult or impossible finding..."

Upgrading & modding new Oppos, BDP-93 & BDP-95Hide this!Advertise here!