Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Audio Alchemy DDS-PRO Transport
Audio Alchemy DDS-PRO Transport
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th January 2017, 10:08 AM   #41
Kursum is offline Kursum  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Thank you.
That greatly expands the number of potential donors.

Last edited by Kursum; 8th January 2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old 19th June 2017, 04:49 PM   #42
jyurick is offline jyurick  United States
diyAudio Member

Stephen would you be in the business of repairing a AA DDS Pro? Mine does not spin or recognize disk and there is no light in display, even though I can see activity faintly when functions are pressed.
Old 14th January 2018, 01:17 AM   #43
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensank View Post
SONIC- YOU DON'T KNOW THIS MACHINE! Why are you arguing with me, when I very obviously know this unit extremely well?
The fact that you, Marko, are seeing green Nichicon Muse caps confirms that yours is one of the many that unfortunately has 100uf/16V caps before & after every one of the 11 or so regulators, with nearly half of those on the input side of the regs seeing a continuous 23-24VDC. It is a testament to Nichicon that these are only just now dying with a full 50% overload voltage after nearly 20 years service. As I said before, if you PM or email me, I will go through the schematics & tell you exactly which caps will positively need replacement. When I service them, I simply replace all of the input-side caps on all regs with 470uf/25V Fine Gold Nichicons, then 220uf-1000uf/16V FG caps on the post-reg side, depending on whether or not the particular reg is doing a job that actually affects audible performance, which is only about a third of them. Most of the new caps have to be mounted laying down, to fit in the very narrow space available.
You DO NOT need to go looking for reset circuit caps or anything to do with display/syscon processor. Your problem is absolutely going to be simply a matter of replacing the dying 100uf/16v caps on the clock/supply board.
Advice for all owners of Advance Acoustic DDS Pro is to do this what stephensank talking about. I was reading this post one year ago when I bought AA DDS Pro, and I was shure he know what he talking about, even we had email corespondence and he sent me a shematic, but I was to lazy to do it. Every day i consider, and I was saying O.K. i will do it tomorrow, it's not so urgent. This is result - all 22 caps are leaked, and one exploded:
Old 14th January 2018, 05:51 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

AA is alive. :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-80d7a7143e8f560eb614433504fde252-V.jpg (88.3 KB, 82 views)
Old 22nd January 2018, 06:41 PM   #45
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursum View Post
Advice for all owners of Advance Acoustic DDS Pro...
Did I really wrote Advance Acoustic? Obviously I was.
Sorry it is Audio Alchemy DDS Pro what we talking about.
Old 15th February 2019, 03:02 AM   #46
hi-fidelity is offline hi-fidelity  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks to all for this thread.

My AA DDS Pro Transport has not work for many years now, and is just sitting around haunting me to be repaired.

Will review this thread with my good friend who is an engineer and hopefully my unit can be brought back to life.

Audio Alchemy DDS-PRO TransportHide this!Advertise here!