Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Audio Alchemy DDS-PRO Transport
Audio Alchemy DDS-PRO Transport
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th May 2011, 01:14 AM   #11
SoNic_real_one is offline SoNic_real_one  United States
diyAudio Member

Misleading? Maybe the saying that "Many Burr Brown and Analog Devices DACs don't accept I2S"...
Old 17th May 2011, 11:21 PM   #12
Redwingnine is offline Redwingnine
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc184 View Post
I'm glad you found a DDS Pro so quickly. Let us know what you think of the sound. The amount of jitter in digital to analog conversion is so critical, so I'm not surprised that you find these lower jitter combinations so good.
Thanks for the feedback. The transport is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I''ll be sure to post observations once all connected.

The more I listen to the Audio Alchemy DTI Pro/DDE 3 combo, the more I like it. One would have thought with the rising popularity of music servers, that this type of technology would be more in demand than it is.

Will be keeping a lookout for a second set of the DTI/DDE combo.

Last edited by Redwingnine; 17th May 2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 18th May 2011, 10:11 AM   #13
erin is offline erin  Australia
diyAudio Member

I hope its OK if i interject in this thread. I have been a long time supporter of i2s but I have now done a backflip and think that SPDIF can sound just as good as i2s. i2s is far more fiddly to implement over long or even short distances and is in my opinion not worth the effort. Its much easier to upgrade capacitors around your digital receiver chip to obtain top notch sound.
I base these comments on my own listening experiments.
Old 19th May 2011, 09:53 PM   #14
Redwingnine is offline Redwingnine
diyAudio Member

Well, I got the DDS Pro connected via the I2S to the DTI Pro 32, which is connected to the DDE 3.0 via I2S, and I must say, it's really excellent. The I2S bus definitely has it's merits, no question about it.

I've heard current CD players that go for a lot that are no better, and in fact, a lot of them do not sound as good. The stable platter transport is quite nice (almost as nice as the early Sony ES tanks (707 ES, 608 ES). In fact, I'm surprised at just how cheap a lot of the expensive CD player transports are made today.

In short, this is great way to listen to CD.
Old 16th November 2011, 05:44 PM   #15
cris91music is offline cris91music  Greece
diyAudio Member

Default aydio alchemy DDS PRO

Dear friends

I am having a problem on how to lock and hold steady the cooperation of Audio Alchemy DDS PRO and DTI pro 32.
Every time I turn on the DTI PRO32 does not recognize the DDs PRO connected by I2S. So I must do a lot of work.
Turne off the DTI disconect it from DDS PRO, turn it on again, turn it off, connect with DDS and turn on again.
any help would be mor than wellcome
regards
cris91music
Old 11th April 2012, 03:07 PM   #16
VactubesJM is offline VactubesJM
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwingnine View Post
Well, I got the DDS Pro connected via the I2S to the DTI Pro 32, which is connected to the DDE 3.0 via I2S, and I must say, it's really excellent. The I2S bus definitely has it's merits, no question about it.
Hi!

I have a DTI/XDP Power Station Two that I'm not using.

OKAY: QUESTION:

I have a DTI PRO and a DDE 3.0. I connect them via I2S.
There's only ONE I2S on each unit. Does the DTI PRO 32 have two? If I had the DDS PRO Transport I could connect it to the DTI PRO or the DDE 3.0, but not both. How did you connect all 3 units via I2S?

Thank you,
JM
Old 11th April 2012, 03:13 PM   #17
VactubesJM is offline VactubesJM
diyAudio Member

@cris91music:

Let me ask you: WHAT kind of I2S cable are you using? I replaced the stock AA I2S Cable with one from Audio Magic. It's just a thought.

Have you tried connecting the transport to the DTI using COAX cables? If yes, did you have the same problem?

JM
Old 12th April 2012, 10:23 AM   #18
Extreme_Boky is offline Extreme_Boky
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc184 View Post
I2S is mainly used by Philips chipsets (they wrote the I2S standard),
I know for sure that I2S is process automation instrumentation bus as well.... and it's been in use for a while, long before it was implemented in digital audio by Philips and others.... I might be missing something here....

Boky
Old 12th April 2012, 10:28 AM   #19
hochopeper is offline hochopeper  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Boky View Post
I know for sure that I2S is process automation instrumentation bus as well.... and it's been in use for a while, long before it was implemented in digital audio by Philips and others.... I might be missing something here....

Boky
I2S != I2C
Old 12th April 2012, 11:59 AM   #20
Extreme_Boky is offline Extreme_Boky
diyAudio Member

But of course...

Thanks for pointing that out.

Boky

Audio Alchemy DDS-PRO TransportHide this!Advertise here!