NAD C525BEE - "No Disc" Trouble Shooting Advice wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Reads TOC does not play tracks

I tried cleaning the PCB with IPA. No improvement.
One of my CD's always plays. Most don't.

I don't have a oscilloscope at home. Maybe I should borrow one and take a look at the RF.

I think rather than anything failing altogether, something must have gone out of spec. Mostly a capacitor. Maybe I will start with replacing C212. 27pF.

Even when playing the CD that works the U201 gets pretty hot. Is that normal? Can you confirm that from the player's that you have?

Still Troubleshooting

Hey, I know this thread is kinda dead (like the NAD... and CD's...) but... I have a NADC521 with the exact same issue that I am servicing. I had tried replacing the drive motor which did not resolve the spin up issue. So then I tried replacing the whole optical drive assembly. Still no luck. Then I checked the U101 motor drive IC and found that it got extremely hot when trying to spin up, so I replaced it too.

STILL NO LUCK...

I have now checked the voltage levels going to the motor river with my scope and decided to replace all the caps from the AC side into the drive motor IC...

STILL NO LUCK!!!!

so I finally stumble upon this forum result... The NAD troubleshooting guide says to replace the U101 or U202... so now i am waiting on customer approval for the additional parts in this dead horse (IN 2020 mind you) to go ahead to see if replacing the U202 will resolve this issue. maybe we can save some headache and money for another tech in the future if we can confirm if this has worked.

Has anyone else managed to get this far with one of these silly things before deciding to just pitch it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.