Audio Alchemy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, a friend just brought over a non-working Audio Alchemy "Digital Drive Transport" and "Digital Drive Controller". The main circuit board is labeled "WP4088D8 HCD-550 MAIN" on the silkscreen side and "SM-003" on the foil side. The symptom of the problem is a blown-up transistor (looks like Q703) at connector CP702.

I was hoping someone might have the schematic for this unit and/or the power supply pin-out - there are two 5-pin DIN connectors - one for each unit. The circuitry around the transistor consists of D713, D714, D715, D716, and R703 and the connector seems to go to the 25-pin D plug to the drive - pins 1 & 2. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Audio Alchemy DDT and DDC

Your post is quite old, so I am hoping you may have resolved this issue. I have the same set, and find they do not communicate. I understand that AudioAlchemy assets were purchased by a Canadian company called "AudioSphere". It seems there are two such companies, one in Quebec and one in Ontario, but I am having no luck in tracking down schematic info or a source of repair expertise. Have you had any luck?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.