Rotel RCD971 won't eject when empty

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

A few times now my CD player wouldn't eject the tray when there was no CD in there, after leaving it off for a while it would eventually eject.

Of course I would then again forget this and close the tray without a CD and voila - stuck shut again.

This time it just won't open.

So is this a problem anyone has encountered before?

When I press eject I an hear the mechanism click into action but it seems the player gets stuck and won't slide.

Thanks in advance for your help

Glyn

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Think these have a loading belt in them, which would be favourite.

You'll have to at least delve inside and see what's going on. 99.9% sure to be mechanical issue.

Can you hear the motor running when it get's stuck ?
Is there voltage across the loading motor ?
Microswitches OK... there's another thread on this model, slightly different tray fault.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/129004-rotel-rcd-971-tray-problem.html

Hello

I have a rare Kenwood 3300 CD player about 11Kg.
It has the same problem .
If your player only does these when no disc inside that mean the spring get lose (weak) .
In that case the magnet which hold the disc tide is stronger.
You have to replace the spring with a stronger one or you have to leave a disc always in your player.
When the disc inside the magnet does not touch the metal part in that way will always open to you.
Altogether is not a big problem , you can fix that very easy .:)

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks all!

I did delve in and went hmmm, not sure what to do next.

The motor was definitely running, and I noticed some cockroach "leftovers". I blew these out and then plugged it in again.

It worked perfectly! Put it back together and it is working for now, I assume it won't be a long term fix so will look at the spring idea.

Thanks for your prompt responses.

Glyn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.