Meridien 560 mod mech from 1205 to CDM12.4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Meridien 560 uses the VAM 1205 mech which is obsolete. I have successfully replaced the lazer with one from a new CDM12.4 mech. Unfortunately, now the brushless motor is giving problems. Not the motor but the turntable - the magnet dropped off. I tried to fit a replacement from a 12.1 mech, VAM1250 and the CDM 12.4. None fits as the shafts are all different in diameter. :mad::mad:

So now I am thinking of replacing the entire mech with a CDM12.4 mech. I will need to mod the motor driver though, as the CDM12.4 uses a DC servo motor rather than a brushless motor. So the idea is to use the MC signal from the SAA7310 to control a TDA7073 to drive the CDM12.4 motor.

I was trying to trace the circuit but it is getting a bit tedious, and hence the reason for this post - does anyone has a schematic for the Meridien CD 560 player. I have emailed Meridien and hope that they will email me a copy of the schmetics.

I would appreciate if any guru out there can advice if my idea is crazy, or propose another possible mod. If successful, I will post the results.

Thanks.

Looking for Meridien 506 and Meridien 508 service manual

No replies from anyone, and no joy from Meridien as well.::dead:

Maybe my title was not effective, so my new attempt to get some information to help in my quest to resurrect my Meridien CD player.

Attachments

• C ...-CD-CDM12.4.ckt.pdf
    20.3 KB · Views: 217
  • CDM12.4 Head + LTOH30PA.pdf
    130.9 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
My Meridien 560 uses the VAM 1205 mech which is obsolete. I have successfully replaced the lazer with one from a new CDM12.4 mech. Unfortunately, now the brushless motor is giving problems. Not the motor but the turntable - the magnet dropped off. I tried to fit a replacement from a 12.1 mech, VAM1250 and the CDM 12.4. None fits as the shafts are all different in diameter. :mad::mad:

So now I am thinking of replacing the entire mech with a CDM12.4 mech. I will need to mod the motor driver though, as the CDM12.4 uses a DC servo motor rather than a brushless motor. So the idea is to use the MC signal from the SAA7310 to control a TDA7073 to drive the CDM12.4 motor.

I was trying to trace the circuit but it is getting a bit tedious, and hence the reason for this post - does anyone has a schematic for the Meridien CD 560 player. I have emailed Meridien and hope that they will email me a copy of the schmetics.

I would appreciate if any guru out there can advice if my idea is crazy, or propose another possible mod. If successful, I will post the results.

Thanks.
Have you get successful results in the meantime?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.