Musical Fidelity x10d schematics here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Via http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Tube Buffer Mf-x10d

Very flattering opinions about this toy printed solid and authoritative audio- periodicals. However, which is located inside the small "keg" of well-known producer, who was being let out from 1995 through 1998 and order 170 usd in reteyle confronting I will try to explain in this article.

First of all the diagram:

Diagram of buffer (one channel)

Lamps 6922 (it 6DJ8, it THE Ñ23P- EVAS). Transfer capacitances - polypropylene (Taiwan, for 3 rubles), resistors - 1% metal-film, S2-è. As can be seen from diagram - two cascades in the class "A", envelopped by feedback.

Power source

The filament power supply of lamps is achieved by an odnopoluperiodym rectifier (diod+emkost'+tokoogranichivayushcheye resistance). Very module of nourishment - primitive quadrupler of the stress by no means _ of audifil'skogo _ quality, which ensures the supply voltage for the diagram of the order of '0-"0V from the transformer with the stress into y2V.

My realization - the same, only here nourishment is entirely different - stabilized both for the anodes and for the incandescence (moreover with the selection of stress 6.3 and 12.6 v, what makes it possible to use different lamps - 6922, 1ÀU7, ECC82).

The common form of the construction:

Printed-circuit board:

For which I would recommend this device - cheap D -ple1ery, sonic systems on the base of computers. the "warm" sounding of lamps, saturated by even harmonics will allow you less to tire with hearing of sonic programs from these devices. This not Hi-End is certain, but if we gather independently, then 30-40 American rubles it is possible to obtain a little pleasure:))).

if you are refering to x10-d v1, i would say it is a normal anode follower + cathode follower sort of thing. the v2 is something different which use tube as a front differential amp with aid of TR ccs sort of thing. and a TR current gain stage.

Some say it use the same schematic on x-can v2 and v3 as well. I don't really know, but seriously to me, v2 is totally outperformed by simple headphone amp using simple opamp config like c-moy kind of thing - by miles. Though I haven't tried v3 but as schematic is almost the same I would think it shouldn't be any better.

Wonder why these gears won so many prizes as it didn't sound nice at all. and many say v3 sounds a lot better than v2 I really can't see why. :whazzat:

Any thoughts?

tube buffer x10-D with 6n23p-EV

Hi, all!
Do not open a new topic, I want to ask a question about tube buffer x10-D .
Is anyone tried this tube buffer with Russian tube 6n23p-EV (russian military), if he tried to play, is giving a good sound?:confused::rolleyes:
Here's schematics:;)
thank you!

Attachments

• LS29-mod (Schema-1).jpg
    LS29-mod (Schema-1).jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 677
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.