Marantz CD-40 (TDA1541A & CDM4): need help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello folks,

once upon a time there was a CD-40 in wich I changed opamps & some caps. Unfortunately it had no kids but lived happy and old.

Then, as there is no more output caps, some DC offset and my amp is also missing the input caps, I've opened it and added MKPs at output. As it was opened I've changed opamps for OPA2132, removed headphone opamp and the pcb plug for the front jack. Then changed all lytics (but the 2.2µF one at 7310 and bipolar ones) to new ones, mostly FM and a couple of OsCon at the TDA, at its pins. A spare LM2904 CT5 instead of the 7805, 317/337 at +/-15.

that's all... then plugged in, power, it reads disc fast and nice. My Cmoy for testing... no sound. Then I saw I've OsCon'ed +5 to Data (pin 3) of the TDA. It's only a cap, should have done no harm, dosen't it?

I've redone it to pin 5.
Still no sound at all. I have no scope nor the service manual, and I'm new to TDA1541 A but worst, a bit stupid, lazy and lacking knowledge in these matters.

Can the headphone section be a part of a "mute" function?
Did I fry the TDA1541 while soldering at its pins? (I've never fried anyhing like that, low power iron and one pin/wait-a-while-to-cool-down/a-pin/wait...).

The PCB is also scary, track so easy to break...
Right now I can say there is -15.02V, -5.27V and +4.78V at the TDA1541 A, is that odd?

Thanks for helping, I wanna try this TDA1541's magic if I can... and guess fry one is a crime...

A disapointed Matthieu.

Last edited:
As usual... I've searched after I've asked and found by myslef... lazy boy!
The radiator on the main 5V reg is held with 2 bent legs under, one was FACTORY bent outside, on a track. I tought it was meant like this... not at all, maybe some vernish was keeping the player working for years, now that vernish is gone it makes a short.

Thanks for PM support guys.
Matthieu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.