theoretical question....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi there!

As I want to try my TDA1541 with oversampling I was searching for a digital filter thats more ore less easy available.... no result....
So I thought what would be if I feed the TDA with a AD1892 Sample rate converter at 96kHz... that must be, as i have understand it, some sort of 2,..x oversampling???
Or do I misunderstud something.....
The meaning is not to get better sound, only for the thing itself...

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
You're right Ray.

Typo and edit: it should have been SM5840. It was late when I posted yesterday and it happens that I have em both in stock ;) But it can only input I2S, outputs are in the other formats which makes it useless for connecting to TDA1541A. I have a Philips cdplayer with this digital filter in it in combination with a Philips DAC, that's why I mentioned it. But I just checked and it has extra logic for connecting to the DAC chip. It contradicts with earlier posts as well:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7439&highlight=saa7220

I am sure SAA7220 will work :clown:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello Weissi, are you sure SM5841A can do that without glue logic ?

BTW I plowed through the datasheet of TDA1373 and I don't think it is the chip for this task. It's a DIR/SRC/digital filter.
Read something about bitstream outputs so I am not very sure if it would work. It can be me but those Philips datasheets are hard to read and practical implementation isn't highlighted.

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
PMD100

When was it available to DIYers? I think you had to buy a license from Microsoft (who bought HDCD from Pacific Microsonics) to design it in last time I heard......

http://www.hdcd.com/partners/tech_partners/licensing.html

Incidently, I was there when they made the first HDCD recording of the Dallas Wind Symphony. I thinck that might have been the first commercial recording made with the process.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.