MicroSD Memory Card Transport Project

Hello all,

I've recently joined the forum and was wondering where I could purchase a SDTrans384 with clock (desirably) or a SDTrans 192 v3 (is it the same thing, different name?).

I am aware production is not planned but..... I REALLY WANT ONE (within a sensible price range as I can wait).

Also, what DAC would you recommend (under 1000)? I plan to feed my Silsonic SAP E-50t which will feed my Jamo c803's.

Please help!!

John
john<at>kushaba<dot>com

Well Bunpei. Perfection has to be challenged when there is no further growth in excellence. Please ask Chiaki to consider an release now so we can try to better his intentions. Together we might be able to push the barrier even further away. But this will obviously take some time... But it needs to be opposed and questioned.
Nothing is to be taken as granted - everything has to fight its way to achieve it if you follow me on this. Just as in the nature. That would assure us of that Chiakis solution is best fit to survive as there will as in nature be many competitors.

Brgds

... Beside current HC SD Card eader, it is a really another big heavens wish to include the 2.nd media storage option - an integrated SATA controller with external Esata or USB2-3 connector for the ultimate HD Content-storage of more than 500GB--1TB on a single 2,5 inch HDD. This way it'll become an ultimate Stand Alone & the highest quality digital audio playback source.
- If this would happen in the proceeding time of my life, than I'd be one of the happiest music lovers on the planet. :) ...

To our regret, the MCU used in SDTrans is C8051-based 8 bit CPU. It's almost impossible to control either SATA or USB. Some ARM-based 16 bit/32 bit CPU or powerful DSP such as AD Blackfin must be necessary.
As Chiaki's basic policy is "Be simple and streamlined in less noisy environment", any new adoption of complicated MCU might not be in his plan.

To SOUND_Rays, Qasha, Turbon and CeeVee,

We appreciate your interest on SDTrans384 and SDTrans-Sync option.
(SDTrans192 V3.0 can be upgraded to SDTrans384 by replacing its FPGA configuration EEPROM and MCU firmware.)
I conveyed your request to Chiaki. I guess he is positive in distributing SDTrans384 again. However, at this point, he can't announce any definite schedule on the next release.
We will let you know on this thread as soon as we have our final plan.

Please remember, SDTrans384 is rather expensive and it requires your effort to achieve a good result (preparing power supplies, DAC, casing etc.). It is not a commercial finished product but just a board kit for DIY users those who understand how to connect a transport to a DAC by way of I2S interface.

Good to hear about Chiaki's feeling positive about it. Once the SDTrans-Sync option is available, please count me in.

Thanks again in advance. Bunpei.

Cheers,

Alan.

(SDTrans192 V3.0 can be upgraded to SDTrans384 by replacing its FPGA configuration EEPROM and MCU firmware.)
I conveyed your request to Chiaki. I guess he is positive in distributing SDTrans384 again. However, at this point, he can't announce any definite schedule on the next release.

Please remember, SDTrans384 is rather expensive and it requires your effort to achieve a good result (preparing power supplies, DAC, casing etc.). It is not a commercial finished product but just a board kit for DIY users those who understand how to connect a transport to a DAC by way of I2S interface.

The beautiest digital dream . . worth wait

Thank You Mr. Chiaki-san, :)

Thank You Mr. Bunpei-san, :)

Will nicely wait . . . and hope that as much nice persons will be pleased with the nice :wiz: Chiaki-san :wiz: soul ray . . . :hbeat:

Mr. Bunpei-san,
You have PM

Preliminary play of DSD files on SDTrans384-Sync

Just about 10 minutes ago, Chiaki sent me his e-mail that told his success of playing DSD64 files preliminarily on SDTrasns384-Sync. Though his implementation covers a play of DSD128 also, he has not tested it yet. (He has currently no DSD128 sources now.)

He asked me to convey his personal thanks for Koon's kind offering of some technical documents.

Anyway, he needs some minor work before releasing the new functionality.