Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

MicroSD Memory Card Transport Project
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th February 2019, 03:14 PM   #1031
Greg Stewart is offline Greg Stewart  United States
diyAudio Member

@bitinhvi,

That should work very well. While the TPS7A4700 are not the latest and greatest regulators anymore, they are still good and should serve you well here... and be significant upgrades over the ADP151 LDO's on the board.

Looking forward to hearing your report.

BTW, Ian will be starting his Group Buy soon AND his LiFePO4 board will be around $200. Looks like you have what you need with this, but just in case...

Greg in Mississippi
Old 13th February 2019, 02:03 PM   #1032
bitinhvi is offline bitinhvi  Viet Nam
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bitinhvi
Thanks Greg. I hope to have enough time to finish my projects soon.

I wished Ian release his board earlier. But now will try with the board I got in hand first.
Old 17th February 2019, 06:13 AM   #1033
JOHNNYCR100 is offline JOHNNYCR100  Abu Dhabi
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Distorted music when connecting ad transplanter to AYa DAC

Hi gents,

Finally got around to connecting my SDtrans player ( purchased in nov 2018)
With my Aya DAC purchased around th seams time, the Dac plays SPDIF input from my cd player very nicely, however when I connect my SDtrans music is audiable but with heavy distortion.
I have :
SDAT on the SD player connected to J303 DL/DATIN onthe AYA
BCK. on the SD player connected to J305 BCK IN on the AYA
L/R CLK on the SD player connected to J307 LE/WS on the AYA

As we know there are no UFL connectors on the SD trans ( be really good to have them eh?) some butchered some UFL connectors with appropriate ends to fit, on the DAC the input selection works and I can switch between the SDPlayerand my CD player, the 12s / sim switch is switched to 12s ( and stops audio when selected with my cd player connected so that works is sumise.

The UFL connectors have been checked with a multimeter and the earth and signal do not short and the leads have continuity when earth on sig are checked, they are however about 6 inches long.

So hopefully I am a twit who dont know diddly about connecting 12 s and can be called out for doing it wrong ( I Am a bit of a newbee )but if everyone could agree on a common standard and the SD trans had UFL sockets the the world would be peachy.....any suggestions gents ( apologies to sumotan who did sent some pictures,( I think I am following them?) - that's why I am confused here

Best regards
Johnny
Old 18th February 2019, 02:34 AM   #1034
JOHNNYCR100 is offline JOHNNYCR100  Abu Dhabi
diyAudio Member

Default Distorted audio when connecting SDtrans 384 Player to new AYA DAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNYCR100 View Post
Hi gents,

Finally got around to connecting my SDtrans player ( purchased in nov 2018) running version 3.29 Software
With my Aya DAC purchased around the same time, the Dac plays SPDIF input from my cd player very nicely, however when I connect my SDtrans music is audiable but with heavy distortion.( player works fine when taking BNC output to external DAC)
I have :
SDAT on the SD player connected to J303 DL/DATIN onthe AYA
BCK. on the SD player connected to J305 BCK IN on the AYA
L/R CLK on the SD player connected to J307 LE/WS on the AYA

As we know there are no UFL connectors on the SD trans ( be really good to have them eh?) some butchered some UFL connectors with appropriate ends to fit, on the DAC the input selection works and I can switch between the SDPlayer and my CD player, the 12s / sim switch is switched to 12s ( and stops audio when selected with my cd player connected so that works is sumise.

The UFL connectors have been checked with a multimeter and the earth and signal do not short and the leads have continuity when earth on sig are checked, they are however about 6 inches long.

So hopefully I am a twit who dont know diddly about connecting 12 s and can be called out for doing it wrong ( I Am a bit of a newbee )but if everyone could agree on a common standard and the SD trans had UFL sockets the the world would be peachy.....any suggestions gents ( apologies to sumotan who did sent some pictures,( I think I am following them?) - that's why I am confused here

Best regards
Johnny
Old 15th March 2019, 02:18 PM   #1035
diyAudio Member

Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for SDTrans manual, below is my progress so far.

Not all running on battery yet. Unfortunately, my regulator board has minimum voltage output at 1.4V, so the SDTrans is fed by TwistedPearAudio Placid shunt power supply. Sound is so good.

Just place order for 02 ldovr.com LT3045 boards, after that I can run SDTrans on battery. Can't wait to here how it sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Stewart View Post
@bitinhvi,

That should work very well. While the TPS7A4700 are not the latest and greatest regulators anymore, they are still good and should serve you well here... and be significant upgrades over the ADP151 LDO's on the board.

Looking forward to hearing your report.

BTW, Ian will be starting his Group Buy soon AND his LiFePO4 board will be around $200. Looks like you have what you need with this, but just in case...

Greg in Mississippi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0271.JPG (300.2 KB, 96 views)
Old 17th March 2019, 08:49 AM   #1036
sumotan is offline sumotan  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

The SdTrans will sound even better with separate PS to each onboard regs.
Old Yesterday, 03:14 PM   #1037
diyAudio Member

Thanks Sumotan, waiting for regulators from LDOVR.COM to try separated PS, but my plan is bypass onboard Regs by 3.3V LifePO4 and 02 LT3045 regulators (for 1.2V and 2.5V).
Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM   #1038
diyAudio Member

Thereís a total of 6 seperate regs on the SD trans. Donít get too caught up with Ultra low noise regs. Whatís most important is the PS caps, what brand what values affect the sound greatly & from my findings not all should be powered using the same values. The biggest suprise comes frm the 5v supply aside frm powering the display, I believe that it also powers the Sd Card reader. Focus here rips big SQ benefits.

Cheers
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM   #1039
Greg Stewart is offline Greg Stewart  United States
diyAudio Member

@sumotan,

Interesting. I only found 5 regulators, 1 at each of the external power supply connections. Where is the 6th?

Are you willing to share what brands and values of PS caps you preferred, especially for the SD Card reader line?

Greg in Mississippi
Old Today, 12:28 AM   #1040
diyAudio Member

No Greg I will not simply because I do not want to be called Hogwash.
What Iíve shared are my findings & to those whose adventurous can experiment & varify for themselves.
Thereís already a whole bunch who believes that batteries are the Holy Grail. What if I tell these guys that thereís no free lunch, what do you think theyíll call me ?

MicroSD Memory Card Transport ProjectHide this!Advertise here!