micromega duo cd3.1 schematic?

hi,

does anyone have a schematic for a micromega duo cd3.1?
the power transformer has died and i need to know the rating/voltages so i can get some kind of replacement.

it started to hum, then over time developed a slight buzz until it started really vibrate almost like a mobile on silent, then it suddenly stopped and then i noticed the player was off. tried the fuse, cable and then i opened up the cd player and could see that the top of the transformer has gone a brown colour like it was giving off loads of heat

how does this kind of thing happen? am i right to think that with age and heat that it has somehow 'de-laminated' itself which caused it to vibrate? the micromega has a circuit which is always powered up unless you unplug it, mabey thats why it died?

i have searched the web and found what i think are suitable replacements but without knowing the specs im stuck.

any info would be much appreciated
thanks

There is the possibility to find out an appropriate model from Philips/Marantz (or maybe GRUNDIG) after posting the type number of all used IC's, particularly the MCU's (maybe MAB or Motorola's ZC/XC series).
As I know, there are no special programming parts on Micromega's models in use. I make this currently for the model "DUO" to find an appropriate service manual from the brands mentioned before - go to
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/dig...chematic-model-mab-processor.html#post6058404

Last edited:
For those who like to know , the micromega cd 3.1 transformer has :

2 primary windings , 2 x 162.5 ohms , for 110 v and 220 v

5 secondary's windings , 4 are center tapped :

no load voltages ....................................dc resistance

16.7 v -0- 20.0 v ...................................4.2 ohms - 88 ohms

5.6 v -0.................................................2.1 ohms

20.0 v - 0 - 16.7 v ..................................85 ohms - 6.7 ohms

measured with Fuke 289

Trafo has 25 more years old :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This is the unit.
219727591_10219758145000983_3165689052625871012_n.jpg

It's a shame..as I gaze upon my Micromega Trio CD transport with dead Philips transport which I am unable to find for repair. Trio was still the best-sounding CD transport I have ever heard...

is it this model ?
Micromega TRIO CD High-End 3 Box CD-Player- VERY RARE | eBay
Then it is necessary to carried out a strip down for making images of the internal details - in the kind of examples from post #52 under
Micromega Solo CD Player - help!!
With help of the uploaded cd transport and PCB images (include IC's) it is possible to find out for other members the corresponding Philips models and the associated service manuals.
Please don't use portals like photo bucket, image shack and so on.

I assume that all (possibly only sketchy) circuit diagrams of the old Micromega products have been smashed in and are therefore no longer accessible to anyone - check out post #9 under
Schematic for this beautiful Micromega Solo, Trio and CD f1 (first edition) wanted
Thus there aren't other possibilities for troubleshooting than the above mentioned.

P.S.: if there is a philips transport below CDM-9/cdm-9pro (i. e. CDM1-4) in use, repair and spare parts are not difficult to find from good available philips models with same parts.

In the Moment I am looking for this tactile switches for my own "SOLO" cd device:
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/par...romega-model-solo-duo-series.html#post6729343

Last edited:

Attachments

• TRIO CDM3 top-view-IV.jpg
    TRIO CDM3 top-view-IV.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 132
  • TRIO CDM3 DAC main board.jpg
    TRIO CDM3 DAC main board.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 115
  • TRIO CDM3 power supply.jpg
    TRIO CDM3 power supply.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 222
  • TRIO CDM3 servo-PCB.jpg