digital out of transport straight to tda1541a s1?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys , i searched but couldn't seem to find what i needed so if this has been asked before please forgive me.

i got given a transport for free but dont currently have a dac, so i was going through
my loft and found an old ariston player which i bought off ebay but the laser died. is it
possible to connect the digital out from my transport to the dac?
i have the datasheet for the chip.

any ideas?
thanks, jimmy

Or you could get a new CDM-4/19 for the Ariston.

If you don't repair it, would you consider selling the Ariston to me (minus the DAC chip)? I have both the laser (I'm selling some in the trading post) and the DAC chip for it, and I'd love a player like this.

i have got a few spare mech's that i can donate to the ariston, suppose i want wanted to experiment:D
i dont think i would ever sell the ariston, way too rare to get rid of, in fact later i might give it a new mech, does anyone know anything about it? all i know is that it was made by the "original" ariston who made turntables and some rare amps in the 80's . my ariston is a maxim with a very early serial No- MCD 000065

The Ariston uses a CDM-4/19. You can get them second hand, but replacing the mech is not the first thing I would try. I would recap it first, and see what happens. Often problems reading discs can be past their best electrolytics (especially in the servo area) rather than the laser. Lasers get blamed way to readily.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.