XO DAC by Guido Tent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am interested to know how one can connect the XO DAC to an Audio Note DAC 1.1. I have noticed that pin 19 (MCK) of the CS8412 within the DAC is not connected to anything. Pin 12 (SCK) goes direct to the CLK of the DAC chip (AD 1865). My guess is that one should connect the output of pin 12 to the input of the XO DAC and the output of the XO DAC to the input of the DAC chip. Could someone assist to clarify this ?

What should be the frequency of the XO DAC for use with the above application ? (11...Mhz ?)

Thank you.

Regards,
Joe LG

Attachments

• xo dac.png
    xo dac.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,617
joeling39 said:
Hi,

I am interested to know how one can connect the XO DAC to an Audio Note DAC 1.1. I have noticed that pin 19 (MCK) of the CS8412 within the DAC is not connected to anything. Pin 12 (SCK) goes direct to the CLK of the DAC chip (AD 1865). My guess is that one should connect the output of pin 12 to the input of the XO DAC and the output of the XO DAC to the input of the DAC chip. Could someone assist to clarify this ?

What should be the frequency of the XO DAC for use with the above application ? (11...Mhz ?)

Thank you.

Regards,
Joe LG

Hi Joe

Yes, We already had Email contact and yet figured out a sollution

XO DAC is quite new so I'll need to work on specific implementations, especially the NOS ones.....

To clarify matters: This is not a DAC, it is world first real clock improvement for PLL based DACs...........

succes

Guido Tent XODAC Receiver to Audionote DAC?

Hi Joeling,
Being somewhat confused about this thread I made this title of my post.
The NON-OS DAC regardless if it is TDA1543/TDA1541/AD1865 does NOT use the masterclock provided by the CS8412. It is simply not used. But you can use Guido Tents inputreceiver with the extra PLL and VCXO (short for voltage controlled crystal oscillator) and use the lower jitter clock to reclock DATA, LATCH and BITCLOCK. Guido T. please correct me if I am wrong. The schematics are very hard to read for my old eyes and quite complicated for a simple soul like me.....
For a example how to implement the Asynchronous Reclocker in a NON-OS DAC see
http://home.student.utwente.nl/f.s.bouwman/audio/nonoz.html
Guido Tent's DAC can be found here:
http://members.chello.nl/~m.heijligers/DAChtml/schematics.html
Asynchronous reclocking is much more simple as it doesn't need a PLL and associated circuitry and the crystal oscillator may have lower jitter.
Please don't get carried away, a "one box" solution placing the DAC in the CDP, omitting the CS8412, but retaining the ASR sounds a whole lot better!
For those struggling with FIFO's the ASR can be seen as a very short FIFO. With the two flip-flops in series no dropouts (metastables) are seen on the scope during a 15 minute period. That's long enough for me.;)

Problem with my Tentlab CD Transport

Dear Guido,

In spite of writing so many mails regarding the Tentlabs Transport, I could not get any reply from you to solve the problems I have faced so far. I have already send you the details of the problem in details I bought the kit from you around December 2012, but I am not yet successful in resolving the issues. BTW, I have received the missing spares recently. I have also successfully assembled the AN DAC L4.1 and would like to incorporate the XODAC and I need help from you. Kindly help me out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.