Any advantage of increase VDD to +6V for tda1541a?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I came across a TDA1541A DAC that uses -5V, -15V and +6V (VDD). TDA1541A has a maximum of +6V for VDD and :-

1. What is the advantage of pushing it to the limit?
2. Is there any disadvantage by pushing the VDD to its limit?

Picture of PCB

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The 7.3V is the voltage when TDA1541A is not inserted to the socket.

Sunsun22 said:
I came across a TDA1541A DAC that uses -5V, -15V and +6V (VDD). TDA1541A has a maximum of +6V for VDD and :-

1. What is the advantage of pushing it to the limit?
2. Is there any disadvantage by pushing the VDD to its limit?

Picture of PCB

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The 7.3V is the voltage when TDA1541A is not inserted to the socket.

1. ------------------------
2. Burn in hell ( the chip )

This is actually my DAC and I have been using it for nearly 18 months now. I just discovered this and when I wrote the seller, he says it is their design but without telling me why. The DAC is a little bit warm (30 degree C) after a full day's operation. The sound is great too.

Can anyone give me a glue?

According to the datasheet of the TDA1541, the absolute maximum ratings are:

VDD: 0 to +7 V
VDD1: 0 to -7 V
VDD2: 0 to -17 V

Exceeding these will most likely result in significantly shorter life. These are not recommended values, though. That's why typical values are lower.

6 V would just be in the recommended range, so that should be fine.

Sometimes designers need to take advantage of the margin between recommended and absolute maximum ratings to avoid a more complex or expensive solution. Other than that, I see no advantages.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.