Marantz CD 67 (no output)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I have recently bought another 67 after mods on my last one went a bit pear shaped. I modded the power supply last week using the mod sheet from rays audio page which went very successfully, and this week decided to do the opamps section. Unfortunately upon testing there was no sound output from the RCA,s, so I checked the other sources, leads etc, and these all worked fine. I have used all relevant precautions including: anti staic wrist strap, mat as well as taking correct precautions for heat exposure so don't believe this to be a problem.

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

Many thanks!

Ross

Hi andy!
Sorry the reply is so late been pretty busy! All voltages are fine and the chips are both orientated correctly!

I have looked at the circuit diagrams in my service manual and it seems that when all the correct components are removed the HDAM circuits are effectively bypassed. However! it does seem that there is no way for the signal to get from the op-amps to the RCA,s and there is no indication that anything else is needed on the mods sheet. I have looked at the pictures on ray,s website and there seems to be two long white wires running from U216 and U217 to two points near to the RCA,s! I'm guessing that these wires are the missing link in my player? please confirm and let me know the correct points to which these wires would be fitted (If you know)! If not does anyone else have any idea?

Many thanks!

Ross

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Rosscopecotrain said:
Hi andy!
Sorry the reply is so late been pretty busy! All voltages are fine and the chips are both orientated correctly!

I have looked at the circuit diagrams in my service manual and it seems that when all the correct components are removed the HDAM circuits are effectively bypassed. However! it does seem that there is no way for the signal to get from the op-amps to the RCA,s and there is no indication that anything else is needed on the mods sheet. I have looked at the pictures on ray,s website and there seems to be two long white wires running from U216 and U217 to two points near to the RCA,s! I'm guessing that these wires are the missing link in my player? please confirm and let me know the correct points to which these wires would be fitted (If you know)! If not does anyone else have any idea?

Many thanks!

Hi Ross

After removing the HDAM components, you should connect the output from the opamps to the output RCA´s with a wire.

Are you using LM4562 opamps? If so, then simply connect those wires to the rca sockets. That opamp can easily drive cables of 1meter or so.

This then bypasses HDAM and output muting transistors, resistors etc. If you're using other opamps then you may need a 100r (or maybe a little lower, I can't remember) between the opamp output and rca sockets.

Cheers, Lee.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.