HDD players with built in PCM1794 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
About the New 24bit/192K HDD APE--HIFIDIY mini APE

Hello Mikecell009 , thanks for that, about the information of the mini APE
MINI APE Player

1) Use SD card ,U Disk as storage format, infinite capacity and it can support mobile hard disk .
2) Support play APE.WAV.FLAC Format music play ,support CUE menu
3) Support 24BIT/192K music play
4) Remote control function
5) High quality WM8741 DAC Inside
6) Support Coaxial , optical fiber , digital output
7) One analog audio output
8) One coaxial input, the APE can use a separate DAC

The photo please see attachment

A: DC power supply input , voltage is above 12V 1.5A , can directly use the car’s cigarette lighter supply , you can use it in the car
B: power supply switch
C: Coaxial input: This jack can connect with the digital output of the CD player or transport, then output the analog signals from the F jack , The DAC support 24Bit/192K-----------Use the jack, The APE can directly use a separate DAC
D: Digital output jack :The jack output the digital signal when the APE play music , one optical fiber , one coaxial
E: USB jack---- Used as system upgrade
F: Audio LR output jack : Output analog audio signals
G: USB jack---- Used as system upgrade

More information please contact with : sales@hifidiy.net at hifidiy.net

Attachments

• 未命名1.jpg
    未命名1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 562
  • 未命名002.jpg
    未命名002.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 542
  • 未命名003.jpg
    未命名003.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 528
  • mini APE.jpg
    mini APE.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 532
  • DSCN7328.jpg
    DSCN7328.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 516
  • DSCN7341.jpg
    DSCN7341.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Am I correct that there are 105 posts on this topic, and yet no one has bought one and there are no reviews and/or comparisons by members of diyaudio?
Looking forward to a review....
Quite happy to do a review myself if HIFIDIY wishes to send me a sample for review??

Nearly 3 months and still no reviews. I would not be surprised if no-one buys this product.

Supposedly 10 people have made the purchase, and yet no one can review it?

A guy on this forum Rock Grotto Audio Forum - For Headphones - Headphone Amps - Amplifiers - X-Can V2 - Musical Fidelity - headphone Discussion - Amplifier Discussion - DIY - Amplifier Kits - Projects - SCHA - Sennheiser - Beyer - Grado - Audio Technica - Headphone amp
Was going to review it and then due to computer problems, never actually got around to writing the review. Goodness me.

Has anyone here bought the darn thing and have anything nice to say about it?

I got one Mini ape from Aune last Thursday and have used it for some days now.

So far it works very well! :) It is easy to use, easy understandable, good sound and ease/fast to operate. I think the Chinese have done a good job with this player! It also looks good(and small).

I use it together with a external hard disk with folders containing wav files. It is easy to look trough all the folders and play the songs that I want.

I am using the mini ape with a Hifidiy.net pcm1794 dac. The sound is very detailed, clear, dynamic, and not digital sounding. I have compared the mini ape to my old sony X7ESD cd player(using coax output). The sony got a better soundstage/wider sound, more detailed and clear, with the dac. But it is still beaten by the mini ape as a transport. The mini ape have a more black background, even wider soundstage and more detailes.

The mini ape I got have a display that is a bit hard to read when I am 3-4 meters away, but the chinese tells me that they will change the display to a OLED or TFT display in the future.

The remote control is small and handy, and easy to use.

I think this player is a very interesting product. It is easy to use, can play "everything"(SD card, hard drive or usb stick conatining music) and have a very good sound :)

How much information is displayed on that small screen on the mini APE player? The display on the QA350/550 has so little information that it is almost useless. Would this be suitable for a terabyte hard drive with 2000 CDs' worth of music? Could you actually navigate a lot of files and folders? There is no picture of the display powered up on their web site, so it's hard to tell.

--Buckapound

The mini ape is good to use with many files and folders I think. I am using it with a 1 tb hard drive.

You can see some pictures here:

Rock Grotto Audio Forum - For Headphones - Headphone Amps - Amplifiers - X-Can V2 - Musical Fidelity - headphone Discussion - Amplifier Discussion - DIY - Amplifier Kits - Projects - SCHA - Sennheiser - Beyer - Grado - Audio Technica - Headphone amp

The mini ape lists up all the folders alphabetical. You can have your own system with folders and it is easy to scroll trough them.

I got my Aune Mini Ape player in the mail yesterday.

It sounds really good to me, at least as good as my WDTV with a PCM1793 dac w/ upgraded op-amp. Plenty good enough to get rid of my CD player, and have a terabyte of music right at my fingertips all the time. I'm not a hyper-audiophile, just a music lover, so take it for what it's worth. Very clear, detailed sound and plenty of bass. Pretty high level of output, too (2v). Overloads my MiniDSP, even at the high-level input setting. I made a set of RCA cables last night w/10k resistors in them, which should solve the problem.

It is a fairly small package, so no room inside for any kind of disk drive. I am going to make an old-school leather case for it, sort of like an old camera case, and have a pouch on the side where the portable 1TB drive can live. Should be portable enough for car use on longer trips.

It is a little confusing to operate, and you seem to need both the remote and the front buttons to do everything. Manual is pretty badly translated, and so, pretty confusing. Fortunately, it's manageable to operate.

It does not like Mac-formatted disks. OS 10.6 allows for FAT32-formatted disks, so that's an easy problem to solve. Scrolling through a long list of folders is slow, and its push, push, push. No automatic scrolling. I'll be rearranging things to have folders A-Z, so that should make for quicker navigation.

Despite its user-interface shortcomings, a pretty fantastic unit for the money, and it definitely has a quality feel. Hits the sweet spot for me, anyway.

--Buckapound

For me, portability plus a built-in screen. I think they are similar sonically, depending on the dac. The Wolfson in there seems pretty good, but undoubtedly there are better.

I built a little unit that stacks up a power supply x3 (for WDTV, DAC and TV monitor), then the WDTV, then the DAC, then the hard drive, and finally, on top, a 4.3" TFT car backup camera monitor. Turns out to be half the size of a toaster, which is transportable, but too bulky to be useful in a car, which the Aune ought to work for. All that stuff added up to about $300, the price of the Aune.

The WDTV needs a monitor. And since it's designed for home theater use, it really likes a BIG monitor. Text on my little monitor is really tiny and hard to read. Functional, but a bit of a problem. I could have gone with a 7" monitor, but that would have made the whole thing bigger. If you're using it where there's a TV available, no problem, but otherwise it's an issue. There seem to be people rewriting the software for the WDTV, but there seems to be issues from what I've come across.

--Buckapound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.