HDD players with built in PCM1794 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
xaudiox said:
They also offer this nice CDpro2 chassis and controller for about 500$.. CDpro2 module not included in the price..

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This thing is heavy and big! 20kg, I believe! The CDPro2 module is mounted to a heavy metal plate then the whole thing is suspended magnetically.

A very decent power supply plus output reclocking circuit.

For those who think CDPro2 costs too much $$$. Here's one good alternative to you:

http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-0db1-02c2c82ebc18c7f0f2a525eec42e3e9f.jhtml

It's based on a modded CDM9 module:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

which has pretty much the same wirings as CDPro2s. I.e. you can swap out the CDM9 for a CDPro2, if you want to.

The disc tiedown has steel balls running freely inside for dynamic balancing.

The whole set:

finneybear said:

Default is 2.5" IDE. You can easily convert it to 3.5" SATA driver with a small $5 conversion card or you can wait for their expansion card which will be released later this year.

The player by cndiyclub.com has default support for SATA.

And also the psu for the 3.5" hdd needs for grunt.

I didn't realise they used a 2.5" hdd.

allan

Zoran said:
Hi
I am very interested indeed...
But something i spot:
the cinesse language display information...
is there software version for english?
and
do one with SATA
have the eternal connector for the HD pack?
thanks

Zoran,
Use Google. They are very usefull. Translation is quite acceptable.
You can select "Language tools" near the search box, on the Google page.

Jean-Charles

I am amazed because I am searching such Devices for months. But even with translation software - the whole shop and order workflow is unclear.

Did anyone buy one of the devices?

The BlackFin Device is also very interesting and the price of 200-250 bucks is very good. I will sell my CDplayer and my MP3 player.....its time to get APE/Flac compatible stuff.

Alan

thanks...
exactly
I did not realise from
some translated pages
if that option is available...
because that is one of the basic issue
when we talk about any kind of digital players...
displayed informations,
and friendly browsing.
Idealy it could be the touch screen,
of smaller size to make kompromise with
size of player
another thing is that we have already
good SATA HD packs with good eternal
transformer based PS.
Which increse the safety storage of datas...
and what we need is just external SATA
connector
but that could be solwed
with ading a parallel to serial converter
and dig the hole on the chasis...
It is hard to remember hugh amount of informations
based only on TXT
it would be nice to have some display
just to have chance to see album cover
during listenig to music.
something like we had on LP...
thanks

Zoran,
Down this page you have a display with good plain English.

http://shop.hifidiy.net/product/254.htm

They also have an other cabinet, originaly offered with a CDM12, but also available with a CDPro2. The display is English.

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?h...68.htm&usg=ALkJrhhQrDsNthjT5AhxQNT8bY9DmbzPQQ

I have not been succesfull in geting clear informations on the large CDPro turntable, as they call it, how to order, etc.

Is there any one able to login on to their site?
I have tried, but in vain. Unless I am wrong I beleive thet accept Chineese characters for now.

Jean-Charles

Jean-Charles said:
Zoran,
Down this page you have a display with good plain English.

http://shop.hifidiy.net/product/254.htm

They also have an other cabinet, originaly offered with a CDM12, but also available with a CDPro2. The display is English.

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?h...68.htm&usg=ALkJrhhQrDsNthjT5AhxQNT8bY9DmbzPQQ

I have not been succesfull in geting clear informations on the large CDPro turntable, as they call it, how to order, etc.

Is there any one able to login on to their site?
I have tried, but in vain. Unless I am wrong I beleive thet accept Chineese characters for now.

Jean-Charles

if im not wrong.
CDpro2 Chasis are only preorder. it will be shipped by late november or december. ant that includes chasis, supply board, VFD , remote ctrl, and transformers.. only CD pro2 Module not included..

audioholik said:

if im not wrong.
CDpro2 Chasis are only preorder. it will be shipped by late november or december. ant that includes chasis, supply board, VFD , remote ctrl, and transformers.. only CD pro2 Module not included..

xaudiox said:

yeah your correct, and last day for preorder will be tomorrow (aug 26). :eek:

:)

Hi.
Yes you are both right, but how to get in? How to place that preorder? These are my question.
Thank you,

Jean-Charles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.