cd/dac mod..picture!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all,

Krell cdp with LCaudio reclocking device..look at the Transport!!

Attachments

• krell.jpg
    krell.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 3,571
Nope, looks like a cd-3. See the attachement.

If it is, you will have problems replacing. I think there are not many players out there with this transport (micromega trio mk1, meta research, studer). So i can imagine replacing will be difficult.

As you can see i have one, but i am hanging on to it (hope now to find a dead krell one day...). Found it in an old digital cdrom player, not used.

Greetings,
GuidoB

Attachments

• cd3.jpg
    cd3.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,653
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi Guido, I saw that picture before but didn't know it is a CDM 3. Didn't even know the existance of a CDM 3. Why does it have 2 lasers ? It is not a recorder, so does it have another system of tracking or something ?

Do you know of any more unknown/rare transports in the CDM range ? I know CDM 0/1/2/3/4/9/12 with some variants.

One is a laser, the other a torx... hihi. Know it is a CDM3 because i know somebody at Philips. The digital cdrom player is based on a transport from optical storage 'something' from eindhoven nl. This guy talked to the designer but did not get any info (too bad).

There is nothing special about the chipset to drive the cdm3. I have the schematics of a prof studer player with this drive. Just the normal chips (was it 5908/5909 or 8808/8809, cant remember now).

I have some wild plans to replace a chepo drive from a second hand cd4 based player with this one, using the schematic of the studer for the power opamps etc. But i dont know if the microprocessor program is different to control the drive.

Greetings,
Guido
Heart of CD1,3,4,9 and 12. So what's a 0?

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
CDM 2 is not my favorite either, but the worst is the first CDM 12 I guess. CDM 0 was sent to me once as a CDM 1. All metal and very heavy. Looked like a precision instrument. Do you know the exact differences between CDM 1 and 4 as they are more similar than different ? I once exchanged lasers and it worked.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.