PC sound output clipping problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I use pcm2702 and fb2k to connect to headphone amp pushing akg 240s. Without enabling replay gain in fb2k, there are still clippings in some fixed periods during of some tracks.

And I have tried the built-in ac97sound output and removing the headphone amp but the same clippings are heard.

The same CD which does not clip when it is played in CD player clips when playing in PC. What may be the source of the problem?

kevinkr said:
Are you using any software based equalization? (Sound card/software mixer bass and treble controls/multi-band equalizer?)

No EQ at all.
Today,I have tried different sources such as mp3 player, PSP and dvd player. The results are the same. It should be the headphone that makes the clipping sound. I shall find a more powerful headphone amp to drive the 240s and see if it still clips.
I don't want to find out it's the inborn limitation of 240s..:dodgy:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.