Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Dan_ed said:
Erik, that is very cool and beautiful work, but you are a madman! :D :worship: I bet it sounds awesome. How much do you think the stand and player together will weigh?

I have not a clue.....but I definitely have a thing for WEIGHT....

My speakers weigh approx. 250 Kg a piece
My pre-amp 132 kg...
My ebony rack 80 kg...

So I take it that this standalone cd transport will be an appropriate match..

:tons: :tons: :tons: :shutup:

this fibre optic
digital output...
is it something like this?

Attachments

• 180px-st_connector.jpg
    180px-st_connector.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 1,214
Hiii Erik

Erik van Voorst said:

I have not a clue.....but I definitely have a thing for WEIGHT....

My speakers weigh approx. 250 Kg a piece
My pre-amp 132 kg...
My ebony rack 80 kg...

So I take it that this standalone cd transport will be an appropriate match..

:tons: :tons: :tons: :shutup:

Hiii

Can you take a picture to show us what kind of audio
system weight approx 452 kg not include your new CD
:D

regards, jeffry

Attachments

• disc.jpg
    disc.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,750
shigaclone TOC -skipping and searching

i want to report a couple of possibly helpful observations relating to the TOC (Table Of Contents) reset.

1. when playing a new CD without resetting the TOC the laser head spends a lot more time searching for tracks making it advisable to always reset the TOC for each CD.

2. if the same CD is removed after TOC reset (something i do on occasion to center the magnet) and then put back it will skip intermittently. this never happens if the TOC is reset after replacing the CD.

hope this helps.

I've built that rack quite some time ago, so posting any impressions now could be misleading. What I remeber though, ML31.5 sounded better on that rack that sitting on air suspension platform, placed directly on concrete floor. That rack was built with ML gear in mind:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=604015#post604015

As to Shigaclone, the rack probably provided similar improvement as adding screw on clamp on CD transport, but the result was probably rather subtle. The most improvements I got with springs and copper/bronze chassis.

Hi there!
I tried te make my shigaclone. But failed. I did evrything you all did, but the 8V won,t go to the spindledrive. On both drives I got 3,65, on both poles. The 8V is going to the HWCap IC, but it comes out with 3.65V. Is the HWcap out of function, or is there something else I forgot? Thanks allready for the answer, Grtz Teake