Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Instead of posting to the flea market, I think I have a bigger chance to ask here.

I have a couple JVC transports and main boards but no CD display and control board/module. I wonder anyone has a spare to sell? If not, maybe I can buy this part
from Tibi and modify the connector to fit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

To write CD's I'm using a PlexWritter Premium unit.
Best medium for blank cd-rom is Taiyo-Yuden. Sony and TDK are also OK.

Under Windows use EAC for CD ripping.
Under Linux use cdparanoya or Asunder and write with cdrecord by Jörg Schilling

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi,
I am using a Plextor Premium CD writter to burn CDs now and everyone of them can be read by the Sanyo laser. The Shigaclone is working nicely.

Thanks

I don´t see any laser light. This should be seen as a white light trough the camera.

Hi Tibi,
its barely visible even in the dark. captured this photos from different angels in a very very low light. also i can't see any laser light when the lights on. is this a problem?
thanks..

Attachments

• P1040274.jpg
    P1040274.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 492
  • P1040276.jpg
    P1040276.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 478
  • P1040277.jpg
    P1040277.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 483
  • P1040280.jpg
    P1040280.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 471
Hi Tibi,

Have you took these pictures while initial CD TOC reading sequence ?
yes, sure..

Please check main power supply to be 8V.
Measure potential al V1,V2,V3,V4.
main power supply is 7.94V
and test points are in order 4.95 - 4.95 - 4.96 - 4.96

Do the CD door button initiate TOC reading ?
yes, it does.. also re-checked the flat cable, seems ok..

thanks a lot..

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Today I ordered a Teddy Super Regulator for the 8 volt line for the Mini PiTbull Mark II.....just to experiment.

I expect it to sound better than my ALWSR Super Regulator since this one makes use of a gyrator...maybe..... I will compare in due time with ears only:D

BTW I do not know if anyone bought an ALWSR lately but it seems rather difficult/impossible to order

TSR has HUGE output impedance which makes it useless for this application.

This week last order was shipped. :)

I would like to thank you all for contributing to this project and for joining this GB.
It was a nice (and quite long) journey to rebuild Shigaclone and I personally enjoyed very much. I would like to thank to audiostereo.pl forum and Peter Daniel for discovering this great transport and for sharing this with the world.

It was a hard job for us to manually build and test so many Shiga´s and I really appreciate your patience and understanding.
We will continue to improve Shiga, offer support and add new features. ;)
More to come ... stay tuned.

Thank you very much !

I would like to thank you all for contributing to this project and for joining this GB.
It was a nice (and quite long) journey to rebuild Shigaclone and I personally enjoyed very much. I would like to thank to audiostereo.pl forum and Peter Daniel for discovering this great transport and for sharing this with the world.

It was a hard job for us to manually build and test so many Shiga´s and I really appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you very much !

Hi Tibi,
Thanks for making this project possible.

I would like to thank you all for contributing to this project and for joining this GB...

Thank you very much !

Tibi, thanks for being taking the lead on getting these new designs into our hands. It was a significant effort - and thanks to all those going back to and including Peter!

Now that we have the pieces, there are some who will build and some who will try to figure out how far this baby can go. For those in the second group please remember to join us here

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...gaclone-create-killer-high-end-transport.html