Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

uncle_leon, I'm waiting for the units from Tibi when he starts shipping in August / September. Personally, I'm not looking for respectable sound - I already have a Madrigal Proceed PDT3 for that. I want something to beat it and the other great transports I've heard - ML 31.5, CEC, etc.

That's fair enough ;) You may be interested in the complete list of Shigaclone mods I am curently compiling (most of which should be applicable to the new Shiga) - I will be posting it in a few days, along with some of my new discoveries. I get quite a few messages/emails asking me about this or that aspect of Shigaclone, so I thought compiling it would save everyone's time. And time is doubly precious to me because I spend most of it trying hard to figure out how to make a living out of my hand-made components ;)

BTW uncle_leon, where do you stand on offering a replacement for the C906?

Please see post #5864 - the offer is still valid, although I wouldn't recommend that cap for you. You want the new VNM+ Cap. That, or Duelund CAST.

That's fair enough ;) You may be interested in the complete list of Shigaclone mods I am curently compiling (most of which should be applicable to the new Shiga.

Maybe I'll start up that new thread I was mentioning a few pages ago. I was going to wait, but maybe we should just get it off the ground. I was thinking of calling it "Turning the Shigaclone 2012 Into a Giant Killer". I'll take suggestions for a better title. The focus would be on starting with Tibi's soon to be available version and tweaking the life out of it. Your input I suspect would be appreciated by many!

You want the new VNM+ Cap. That, or Duelund CAST.

Hmm. Looks very interesting. For this design what value would you recommend? Also, is there any sonic difference between the mahogany and sapele?

Last edited:
Ready to collect payments.
Please let me know your paypal address and your diyaudio username by mail at
tiberiu dot vicol at vicol-audio dot ro
or by forum PM.
You will receive a paypal invoice based on your order.
Once the payment is done your line on GB list will change to green.

Thanks & Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Tibi just a question

Is shippment registered? I am asking because there have been too many lost packages lately here in Greece.
If not, please update my invoice to include registered (signed for with tracking number) shipping.

Thanks a lot

All shipments have tracking number and are tracked up to Romanian borders.
If you prefer another carrier please let me know by pm.

Regards,
Tibi