CD output digital/analog

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm a new member and have what's probably a silly question. I just bought a Marantz CD63 mk2 KI to replace a cheap Technics CD player. To use the digital to analog conversion on the CD player do I have to use the analog connections (RCA)? Does the amp do the conversion if I use the digital connection?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
both the digital & analogue outputs are operational all the time.

The analogue (L & R) come from the RCA sockets. These are usually in the range of 2Vac to 2.2Vac at maximum signal level.

The digital (Spdif) comes from the 75ohm connection and should use a 75ohm cable with appropriate 75ohm connectors to take the signal to an external DAC.

canetoad said:
Hi,

I'm a new member and have what's probably a silly question. I just bought a Marantz CD63 mk2 KI to replace a cheap Technics CD player. To use the digital to analog conversion on the CD player do I have to use the analog connections (RCA)?

Yes.

Does the amp do the conversion if I use the digital connection?

Thanks in advance.

Not usually. It would have to have a built-in D/A converter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.