CLICKING Sound when spinning CDs on Pioneer DV-575A ,HELP...laser or what???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Pioneer DV-575a Dvd player started making some clicking or popping sounds when spinning CDs, it is a regular repetitive click barely heard, but heard on quiet passages and that kind of ruins a bit listening experience.

My thoughts are that is the laser or mechanism , Did any of you experience such problem.? This does not happen on DVDs. But sometimes when playing DIVX files i get slow or jittery/skip picture. Again on DVDs everything is normal.

Main goal is to get rid of that clicking sound.

ANY IDEAS?
THANKS

System: Hiraga 20W amp, AR clone ECC88 pre, Sinevoice custom speakers. Arcam Alpha 8 CD, AQ Indigo+...:wiz: :scrat

I haven't yet dealt with failures on this model series(although I own a DV-578AS), but my first guess would be the platter motor starting to go bad. This definitely would tend to show up first on cd, if it is, as I suspect, the motor developing speed irregularities. The platter motor, however, is not available generally as a separate part from the whole mechanism. So, the easiest diagnosis/fix is to scavenge a motor or whole mech from a DV270S/271S/275S, which use the identical hardware & are terribly cheap on ebay, even in fine working conidtion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.