Rega Planet SCHEMATIC Please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all.My rega planet cd player smoked its transformer & have not been able to locate a replacement. If anyone has a schematic would you please look up what the secondary voltages are for all the secondary legs so I can find a generic replacement. Thanks in advance, tom

I'm not drawing-out a schematic for others.

But if you look at the datasheets for the Burr-Brown PCM1710 dac, and Sanyo LA9215 datasheets, you'll find you have 98% of it. (Just one thing about music - when it hits you feel no pain - scroll down to 'rega related' section)

[ i beleive the Sanyo LA9216 used is an OEM version done for Rega. The 9215 datasheet is close enough if you know what you are doing. It's NOT identical]

BTW most of the Mk.1 Planet problems I've seen / heard of are fixed by (1) replacing all power diodes in the PSU and (2) check the transport daughterboard gets the required voltage (IIRC 7v, the trimpot is marked + identified on the motherboard)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.