Inca Design Katana problem..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a digital out problem with my CD player. The optical out is perfect but the electrical out seems to have what sounds like a misfire. As it warms up, bits seem to go missing.
I've checked for dry joints and all seems fine, any help to where I should look?
Having opened it up, I have now got another dilemma, below is how it should look...:confused:

Attachments

• inca_%20katana_inside%20.jpg
    inca_%20katana_inside%20.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 295
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hello audio1st,
May be totally of the mark here, but it is not unheard of for the master clock to be slightly off frequency, by enough to upset some equipment that it is partnered with.Strange it would be O.K. with optical and not electrical outputs, but weirder things have happened.Not very easy to check accurately, if you have a multimeter that measures frequency and a test disc with test tones on it try and see if output(on the audio output sockets) is at correct frequency.Use as high a frequency as you can, 20Khz if possible.If it's out by 20Hz thats a 0.1% error, quite a lot really.
Worth a try if nothing else.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.