New Blu-Ray Ultra Format

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently learned about the new Blu-Ray Ultra Hi-Rez format.
Does anyone know where to find these discs and more importantly what hardware I need to play them on?

Is this something I will need to build myself untill the market catches up?

I am really looking forward to this, but I would like to build a 2-channel stereo version before I decide to spend the time and money building a full 12-channel surround decoder!

The only info I could find online is here...

www.geocities.com/ultrahirez

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ultrahirez
Thanks to the advent of the new Blu-Ray format,
audiophiles everywhere are rejoicing and finally embracing
digital audio for the first time in 'recorded' history!

No.

ultrahirez
Files so large (approx. 50 GB) that no one would bother to illegally download and share them, let alone waste that much space on their hard drives, is the main reason why all five major record labels have agreed to re-release every single title in this exciting new format in the upcoming year!

Just compress them into normal mp3 size?

is the main reason why all five major record labels have agreed to re-release every single title in this exciting new format in the upcoming year!

will be the main reason why all five will finally fall flat on their faces.

They skunked ion DVD A and SACD, and now are into a third format?
Do they really think they find enough idiots who will purchase their collection of music all over again? Somebody should wake those dreamers up and send them to business school.

But I guess it is mostly about the video...

You might be able to fool some people....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.