Problem solved: DVD player cannot start all DVDs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
THIS TIP MAY BE USEFUL FOR ANY DVD OR CD PLAYER.
I have a DVD2800 by DENON and by the time it refused to start several DVDs, especially copies. The replacement of the laser head and the traverse assy, made things worse. But it is common that in any DVD or CD the identity information is located at the beginning, which is close the center of the disc. On my unit there is a micro switch (item B on the detail photo) activated when the laser head is reaching the inner stop. That happened too early not allowing the head to read the essential information. So with small sharp cutting pliers I trimmed down the pin plunger of the micro switch by around 0.8mm. That solved the problem, as now it can play all the stuff it is made for.
One more detail for the DENON owners replacing the traverse assy, is that a small pin like snubber (item A -already removed here) must be cut, as it is also not allowing the head to reach the infos. More do not forget to remove the two bubles on the laser head (photo C) that disable the DVD and CD function.

Attachments

• images.pdf
    83.2 KB · Views: 652
thank you for the tip you post
I need to know how to remove the two bubles on the laser head (photo C) that disable the DVD and CD function.
I've a Denon 2800mkII that play only cd and no dvd.
Now I'm goig to buy a HOP-1120 and try to solve the problem.
than you in advance for your help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.