Marantz DV7600: SMPS differences US and Euro Models

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pardon my complete lack of technical knowldege. I do have a tech friend but he has very bad gout right now.

I recently bought a Marantz DV7600 from the US. It's a U1B model that (according to the Service Manual) has a power requirement of 120VAC 60Hz. Other versions, such as the EURO version is listed with a power requirment of 230VAC 50/60Hz.

Many devices these days are labelled as having a specific requirement when the PSU is actually universal and this is my query with the DV7600.

I have studied the parts list at the foot of the Service Manual, as far as my limited knowledge permits, and I cannot find a single part that changes from model to model. In fact, I'll go further - the parts list (where part numbers are listed) on the SMPS board are identical for all versions.

Does this mean that the DV7600 in reality contains a universal SMPS, or does it not?

Or does anybody with a DV7600 know the answer from either observation or experience?

I would be most obliged for any input.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.