Updating Onkyo DX-706?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This evening I listend to my DX706 with balanced output taken at Q403 pin 1 and 7 through a 10uF cap.
The soundstage was terrible, no improovements at all. But when I tried singleended output at either pin 1 or pin 7 the soundstage turned out much better, it is now more detaild and open, an the sound is just more easy flowing and dynamic and with no harsh sound at all. I also compared these balanced and unbalanced output with the original one. The new unbalanced output is remarkable better.

DX706 uses two SM5861AP, each one has two balanced channals.
1 SM5861AP for each channel. Both halves of Q403 recieves a balanced signal wich it turns into an unbalanced signal. Pin 1 and 7 at Q403 comes out as a balanced signal, wich is turned ito a singleended signal by the first half of Q405 wich is buffered to the singleended output. In other words, a lot of conversions and buffering is going on here, ad I fail to get the idea of this, does any one know?
The DX7711 is bulided the same way, so perhaps those who owns one of these choud try this output, I think they will get the same benefits as I did, even when thy have changed to better parts.

I have desided to try to make a balanced output taken from the DAC at pin 11 (LO) and 13 (LON) acording to the attached scematic, and make some new powersupplies and change the resistors and capasitors still in use.

Attachments

• analog 03.jpg
    analog 03.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,289
hey guyz. i need a little bit of help with my onkyo dx-7711. i need the service manual for it and i cannot find it. on the analog exit left(not on the digital ,that works perfectly)it makes me those noises of high frequency like the old vynils.please,if someone has the service manual for it and knows where the problem might be ,scan it and send it to me.i'll be in your debt for life.my e-mail is flosaf@yahoo.com .thank you very much and God bless you.

Well lucky guys, I do have the complete service manual for the DX706/708 which was kindly shared by Vasiltech some time ago, he is a low poster around DIYaudio, hope he doesn’t mind sharing with you the whole enchilada.

The file in pdf is near 2MB so for those who show email address will receive this file, if it goes throu.

Mobbik, PM me your email

;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.