Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Building the ultimate NOS DAC using TDA1541A
Building the ultimate NOS DAC using TDA1541A
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 02:28 AM   #7891
sumotan is offline sumotan  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Think Diyiggy & me are the craziest AyA diyers in the group.
Me I always use only Ei custom trafo for my projects, Iggy recommends the use of R Core, I do have 1 but have yet to try out.

Cheers
Old Today, 11:27 PM   #7892
diyiggy is online now diyiggy
diyAudio Member

ahaha, my best find is how to get rid of the Black Gate. Although still need two standard in the analog stage with my dysimetric caps stage, lol ! The caps sect !

I think I had the luck to find good R-Core enough with the old Selectronic made in India. Don't know if all R-Core (cheapest) are better than best EI or best toroids ?

@LordG : you should save time and works directly on the AD1862 or the PCM56, imho (been there, the three best PCM chips imho with the TDA1540 as well).

Best to follow John, Pedja, Thorsten works... when it comes to the TDA1541A... creative designers . You always can find a TDA1541 Distinction, Red Baron and tube it too... I will try tube as the tda1541 is a disease for some as I (but I find the two other chips very good too, it's more the whole layout, the care of the pcb design, the quality of the front-end as well that counts : see here the recent efforts of ECDESIGNS on the front-end stages...)

Last edited by diyiggy; Today at 11:38 PM.
  Reply to this post

Building the ultimate NOS DAC using TDA1541AHide this!Advertise here!