Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Building the ultimate NOS DAC using TDA1541A
Building the ultimate NOS DAC using TDA1541A
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2018, 03:16 PM   #6751
3lite is offline 3lite  Poland
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
It is, it will require some work in general, but it is doable. You need transimpedance amplifier with high amplification though. That is in order to see LSB change.

Personally I would just do an FFT toggling LSB and below LSB.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2018, 10:18 AM   #6752
maxlorenz is offline maxlorenz  Chile
diyAudio Member
 
maxlorenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: osorno , Chile
Guys,

Is this the right thread to discuss Ian's invention?
Doesn't it deserve its own thread???

Cheers,
M.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2018, 12:05 PM   #6753
batteryman is offline batteryman  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SCOTLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlorenz View Post
Guys,

Is this the right thread to discuss Ian's invention?
Doesn't it deserve its own thread???

Cheers,
M.
We should probably move the discussion of Ian's boards to this thread as this one is really for ECD Designs.

Drive NOS AD1865/62,PCM1704/02/63,TDA1541 from FIFO: Universal I2S-PCM driver board
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2018, 08:17 PM   #6754
Hanze Khronye is offline Hanze Khronye  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlorenz View Post
Guys,

Is this the right thread to discuss Ian's invention?
Doesn't it deserve its own thread???

Cheers,
M.

As the only available I2S to PCM plug and play module, discussion with regard to suitability for specific use with tda1541A seems perfectly at home in 'ultimate tda1541A' thread ?.

Last edited by Hanze Khronye; 6th November 2018 at 08:20 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2018, 08:27 PM   #6755
weissi is offline weissi  Austria
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanze Khronye View Post
As the only available I2S to PCM plug and play module, discussion with regard to suitability for specific use with tda1541A seems perfectly at home in 'ultimate tda1541A' thread ?.
Well, I don't want to repeat myself, but there is the module from JLsounds that supports direct USB2PCM for the TDA1541A....
__________________
regards / servus
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2018, 01:58 AM   #6756
Hanze Khronye is offline Hanze Khronye  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by weissi View Post
Well, I don't want to repeat myself, but there is the module from JLsounds that supports direct USB2PCM for the TDA1541A....

Talkaing about I2S to PCM, and not USB to PCM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2018, 06:51 AM   #6757
JOSI1 is offline JOSI1  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bad Hersfeld
Mosaic-DAC

Hi John,

will there be a new revision of the Mosaic-DAC.
What is the present status.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2018, 12:14 PM   #6758
ecdesigns is offline ecdesigns  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Holland
Hi JOSI,

Quote:
Mosaic-DAC

Hi John,

will there be a new revision of the Mosaic-DAC.
What is the present status.
Yes, we completed the new MOS16 and MOS24 DACs that will be presented on our new website soon, together with some other very interesting new products. So keep an eye on our website.

I attached some photographs of the first completed MOS16. The USB socket on the rear is for internal battery charging only.

The MOS DACs can also be connected to USB audio sources while retaining required advantages of Toslink. We designed the UTOS for that, third picture shows the first UTOS prototype.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mos16-1.jpg (279.3 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg mos16-2.jpg (278.3 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg utos1.jpg (98.0 KB, 216 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2018, 03:31 PM   #6759
lcsaszar is offline lcsaszar  Hungary
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lite View Post
It is, it will require some work in general, but it is doable. You need transimpedance amplifier with high amplification though. That is in order to see LSB change.

Personally I would just do an FFT toggling LSB and below LSB.
Alternatively, my DAC linearity test CD that I mentioned several post ago could be used. It toggles LSB at each bits on three DC levels (bit n-LSB, bit n, bit n+LSB). If LSB is missing, you will see only two DC levels.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2018, 03:41 PM   #6760
batteryman is offline batteryman  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SCOTLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcsaszar View Post
Alternatively, my DAC linearity test CD that I mentioned several post ago could be used. It toggles LSB at each bits on three DC levels (bit n-LSB, bit n, bit n+LSB). If LSB is missing, you will see only two DC levels.
Thanks, that's a better idea.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Building the ultimate NOS DAC using TDA1541AHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:05 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio
Wiki