Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Building the ultimate NOS DAC using TDA1541A
Building the ultimate NOS DAC using TDA1541A
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th December 2014, 07:01 PM   #5281
triode_al is offline triode_al  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niamex View Post
Thanks for your suggestions. I will try the STOPPERS but excuse my ignorance I am afraid it will change the value of the I/V res if not big value /in parallel/ ??
Regards,
Ignat
Now I can't calculate: but the influence is beyond the few hundred kHz. There is "nothing" parallel to the I/V. So there is no influence in the "passband", which is audio.
Old 7th December 2014, 08:15 PM   #5282
Vbenonisen is offline Vbenonisen  Norway
diyAudio Member

Hello, triode_al.

I'm planning to compare a Lampizator SRPP-output stage, a D3a output stage and a Kondo-inspired output stage with 6072 tubes. I see that you have something you call a "Kondo post-I/V filter". What is that, and can you please share your experiences regarding tube based output stages for the 1541A?

Kind regards,
Vidar
Old 7th December 2014, 08:29 PM   #5283
niamex is offline niamex  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by triode_al View Post
Now I can't calculate: but the influence is beyond the few hundred kHz. There is "nothing" parallel to the I/V. So there is no influence in the "passband", which is audio.
Something is wrong /could be my understanding/ - the I/V resistor stays there and the voltage goes straight to the grid of the triode -if he stopper is from the grid to the ground it is in parallel ?? or I am mistaken.
Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 08:35 PM   #5284
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbenonisen View Post
Hello, triode_al.

I'm planning to compare a Lampizator SRPP-output stage, a D3a output stage and a Kondo-inspired output stage with 6072 tubes. I see that you have something you call a "Kondo post-I/V filter". What is that, and can you please share your experiences regarding tube based output stages for the 1541A?

Kind regards,
Vidar
Hi,
Just for your reference - my very simple tube buffer /in my case with Bendix 6385/ - just a principle schematics - to be revised.

Regards,
Ignat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6n3p(1 rev.jpg (388.3 KB, 829 views)

Last edited by niamex; 7th December 2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: PS Sorry , from 2.7 uf cap to the power amp OUT
Old 8th December 2014, 09:13 AM   #5285
marconi118 is offline marconi118  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdesigns View Post
Hi ceglar

But we could also use passive amplification plus RF filtering based on a step up transformer. Transformer with 1:10 transformation ratio would give us around 4Vpp. Output voltage can be lower in practical circuits due to losses.

Enjoy.

what transformer would you advice for best sound ?

I need a transformer with double secondary to drive directly the power mosfets of a pass F6 amp... could it be feasible?

no need of a fet buffer there? as the impedance of the lateral mosfets is quite high?
Old 10th December 2014, 03:06 PM   #5286
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbenonisen View Post
Hello, triode_al.

Kind regards,
Vidar
I attach a design record.
The first stage is called a Kondo stage. The whole filter amplifies: none. Bandpass : around 21 kHz.

Kondo-based.jpeg

albert
Note: This filter derives from the standard Philips concept of the TDA1541 players. It is such that it maximally compensates for the SAA7220/TDA1541 combination that already has a small uplift around 20 kHz to compensate
Old 10th December 2014, 04:01 PM   #5287
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niamex View Post
Something is wrong /could be my understanding/ - the I/V resistor stays there and the voltage goes straight to the grid of the triode -if he stopper is from the grid to the ground it is in parallel ?? or I am mistaken.
Thanks
My problem of writing took much words.
here is my idea:

Attachment 453163

The Stopper1 prevents extreme HF noise to be propagated in the connected line. I have depicted a coax, which also serves such a purpose. And the drawing suggests not using the shield as interconnect for the earth.
albert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I:V connection.jpg (77.6 KB, 713 views)
Old 10th December 2014, 04:08 PM   #5288
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The Stopper1 prevents extreme HF noise to be propagated in the connected line. I have depicted a coax, which also serves such a purpose. And the drawing suggests not using the shield as interconnect for the earth.
albert
Noted, thanks.
Old 10th December 2014, 04:16 PM   #5289
QSerraTico_Tico is offline QSerraTico_Tico  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
My problem of writing took much words.
here is my idea:

Attachment 453163

albert
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Old 10th December 2014, 04:21 PM   #5290
Vbenonisen is offline Vbenonisen  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I attach a design record.
The first stage is called a Kondo stage. The whole filter amplifies: none. Bandpass : around 21 kHz.
Thank you triode_al for the explanation.

Building the ultimate NOS DAC using TDA1541AHide this!Advertise here!