DCX2496 update problem

Does anyone have the EEPROM datafile? Or the old "remote" software? 1.15? 1.14?
I have tried connecting to the DCX with three different computers, but no updating luck. Stops at 1% update. Have also tried in the update mode (with input A mute button during power on). Shows DCX2496 screen, but then dead.
Thanks

I'll give this a go, tho I did spend quite a bit of time trying different things... I even tried another computer, but got similar problems.

I think my EEPROM could be damaged however, so I've ordered some more blank ones and with any luck I should be able to fix this thing!

I have a stack of DCX2496 that needs EEPROMs. I don't really want to shell out the $$$ for a new part from Behr. Keep us posted! :)

Aaron

So, reading through all this, it sounds like they ship a auto-brick feature masquerading as an update?

I have not used mine much, so just wondering, what was promised by the firmware upgrade?

Uh, well it does work. I just happened to buy a few DCX units that I knew didn't work. Even if nobody sends me a HEX file, I can still pop a new EEPROM in from Behringer. I've swapped them from working units and that's the fix...

I have a decent amount of these things because part of my business involves modifying them. ;)

Hey all, sorry for not replying sooner, I've had to wait for a replacement Flash mem chip to arrive from the USA, only to find they now only do the 39SF040 in PLCC format, as opposed to the original DIP32, so I then had to wait for an adaptor from China. It can be frustrating waiting for parts to arrive, but even the Behringer service center in the UK have to obtain the firmware chips from Germany at a far higher cost...

Anyway all my parts arrived today, and it worked the first time perfectly. Now I've fixed my DEQ, I now feel confident that my programmer is working ok, but I guess I was a little late as saddelbacke has already fixed his DCX! :spin: :eek:

Anyway, here's some pics, an adaptor does work, even if it does look a little strange...
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Broken DIP32 on right, working PLCC on the left:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The moment of truth... it works.

If anyone needs the binary file for a DEQ, feel free to send me a PN. :)

Doh, I forgot to ask this in my previous post, and it's too late to edit it now, but does anyone know the thread size which is used on the bolts that holds the lid on the back?

I found some M3 bolts worked perfectly on the top, but the bolts used in the back appear to be smaller than M3... Could they be M2?

Anyway all my parts arrived today, and it worked the first time perfectly. Now I've fixed my DEQ, I now feel confident that my programmer is working ok, but I guess I was a little late as saddelbacke has already fixed his DCX! :spin: :eek:

If anyone needs the binary file for a DEQ, feel free to send me a PN. :)

:sad:

No joy, although my original (and lone working) is MX 29F040PC-70 and my replacements are 29F040B-150C. There must be a difference! I have put in a request for quote with several companies to get a dozen of the proper chip.
I'm about ready to throw these suckers out - that's how much of a headache they've been...

:sad:

No joy, although my original (and lone working) is MX 29F040PC-70 and my replacements are 29F040B-150C. There must be a difference! I have put in a request for quote with several companies to get a dozen of the proper chip.
I'm about ready to throw these suckers out - that's how much of a headache they've been...

Please excuse my late reply, I found that when the same part number is used that it works.

I think my chip was 39F040 or something like that, I ended up getting a different packaged version (from canada of all places) and used an adaptor. My DEQ has been running perfectly since, touch wood!:cool: